Is It Just For Military Protection Then?

A

ALVIN

Guest
#1
I have noticed that one of the first things any new British Government does when taking office is grovel to the United States for "Special Relationship Status"
Why ??
 
#3
Its nice to have friends equipped with eleven nuclear carrier battlegroups when you've scrapped your own means of defence in order to fund a lavish welfare society...
 
#4
4(T) said:
Its nice to have friends equipped with eleven nuclear carrier battlegroups when you've scrapped your own means of defence in order to fund a lavish welfare society...
What he said.
 
#6
Because they have loads of MRE and will happily give them to you
 
#8
4(T) said:
Its nice to have friends equipped with eleven nuclear carrier battlegroups when you've scrapped your own means of defence in order to fund a lavish welfare society...
Nut. Shell. Stashed away.

I think this pretty much says it all.
 
#9
ALVIN said:
I have noticed that one of the first things any new British Government does when taking office is grovel to the United States for "Special Relationship Status"
Why ??
there is no "Special Relationship" more like "Special Needs". Who the Fcuk are we kidding about this "Special Relationship"? The UK are the only people in the world to talk about it.

Lets all be honest here, Uncle Sam looks after himself and his intrests, bottom line!
 
#10
4(T) said:
Its nice to have friends equipped with eleven nuclear carrier battlegroups when you've scrapped your own means of defence in order to fund a lavish welfare society...
From the same 'special relationship country' that is distances itself from the falklands issue, although quite rightly so after the BP fiasco the septics would'nt want another situation in ref to oil marring any relationship now :roll:

US thinks of self first, maybe the uk should follow suit!
 
#11
bullet_catcher said:
Perhaps because we ought to have won in 1776, and it is Mother Nature's way of correcting a historical error in the chain of human progress.
Great Escape....SBO to Hilts during 4th July drinks session in Stalag Luft III......"errmmm howw are you getting along in the colonies?"

It's all a matter of keeping these upstarts in their place, doncherknow! :D
 
#14
ALVIN said:
I have noticed that one of the first things any new British Government does when taking office is grovel to the United States for "Special Relationship Status"
Why ??
That's amazing. I'm sure that I read Obama phoned Cameron to state that this was still in place, and not the other way around.
 
A

ALVIN

Guest
#15
Gremlin said:
ALVIN said:
I have noticed that one of the first things any new British Government does when taking office is grovel to the United States for "Special Relationship Status"
Why ??
That's amazing. I'm sure that I read Obama phoned Cameron to state that this was still in place, and not the other way around.
Well it didn't take William Hague very long before he jumped on a plain to Washington D.C to do some ARRSE licking !!
 
#16
He's the Foreign Secretary, we are engaged in a war and the US is one of Allies. What did you expect him to do you tit? Send The Milk Tray man round to drop off some chocolates?
 
S

stabradop

Guest
#17
Gremlin said:
He's the Foreign Secretary, we are engaged in a war and the US is one of Allies. What did you expect him to do you tit? Send The Milk Tray man round to drop off some chocolates?
:lol: :lol:
 

Latest Threads

Top