Is It Just For Military Protection Then?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ALVIN, May 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have noticed that one of the first things any new British Government does when taking office is grovel to the United States for "Special Relationship Status"
    Why ??

2. Perhaps because we ought to have won in 1776, and it is Mother Nature's way of correcting a historical error in the chain of human progress.

3. Its nice to have friends equipped with eleven nuclear carrier battlegroups when you've scrapped your own means of defence in order to fund a lavish welfare society...

4. What he said.

5. Not sure Gary McKinnon would agree with you.

6. Because they have loads of MRE and will happily give them to you

7. Anything other than Military cover?

8. Nut. Shell. Stashed away.

I think this pretty much says it all.

9. there is no "Special Relationship" more like "Special Needs". Who the Fcuk are we kidding about this "Special Relationship"? The UK are the only people in the world to talk about it.

Lets all be honest here, Uncle Sam looks after himself and his intrests, bottom line!

10. From the same 'special relationship country' that is distances itself from the falklands issue, although quite rightly so after the BP fiasco the septics would'nt want another situation in ref to oil marring any relationship now :roll:

US thinks of self first, maybe the uk should follow suit!

11. Great Escape....SBO to Hilts during 4th July drinks session in Stalag Luft III......"errmmm howw are you getting along in the colonies?"

It's all a matter of keeping these upstarts in their place, doncherknow! :D

12. Yeah what he said.....

13. he broke the law, and is paying for it, he shouldnt have done it if he didnt want to take the consequences

14. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

That's amazing. I'm sure that I read Obama phoned Cameron to state that this was still in place, and not the other way around.

15. Well it didn't take William Hague very long before he jumped on a plain to Washington D.C to do some ARRSE licking !!