Is it childish to want to join the SAS?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ScouserSte, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I'm a 19 year old guy, I'm hoping to join the army in the near future (Soilder rank) but I'm by no means taking it lightly.

I understand the SAS is the best special forces regiment and the most exclusive special forces unit on the entire planet, and to get there I'd have to toil, really prove myself.

I still want to get there. I'm not resting my entire armed forces career on it, but I'd really like to and relish the opportunity if it came up. In general, is it considered a childish ambition to want to join the SAS?

2. Only if you tell everybody about it.

3. Hush, you were there.

Tell the boys all about it.

4. Thus far, replies are not much use lads.

5. i cant see whats childish about wanting to be the best at your profession, if one is to become a soldier, one should aspire to be the best

6. How are your typing skills? Do you know a good narrative and can you work up a good prose?
    Were you an orphan, have you already been given a nickname?
    Do you have the ability to grow facial hair?

If the answer to any of the above is no then you need to apply...

7. Your lyric humor is unfunny, irrelevant and quite shit.

8. (checks forum, wishes this was in the NB) Serious answer, if you prepare as thoroughly as possible, give it your best shot and succeed, great; if not, you did your best. Either way, it's better than spending the rest of your life wondering what if/if only etc. Consider the very high failure rate and the possibility of sustaining injury/injuries that may jeopardise your career/cause long-term impairment/kill you.

Having a Plan B would be a good idea.

If this is a windup, I'll track you down and make you wish that you'd been raped in your cradle by stoats.

TTFN.

9. Why would it be a wind up? I truely see the SAS as the spearhead of all global special forces operations, all other units shadow in comparison. Surely that's a goal to aim for.

10. Quite so; if you read my last carefully, you'll see that I'm being cautiously encouraging, despite the legions of halfwits, poseurs, loons, windup artists, gluesniffers, journos, paedos, alcos, nymphos, wannabes, has-beens and never-were's that infest this site like maggots in a tramp's turd.

Excuse my cynicism.

11. You are excused sir, please, proceed to sniff glue and serendipitously peruse the local school children.

12. Indeed as there is not a single spelling mistake in the previous post. Illiteracy must be hard to deal with when you're chimeing so much shite on the internets.

clicky
    Poke

How American can a Brit be, exactly?

13. A sense of humour helps as well ............nob

14. Get yer fat lard arrse down to derby square, tell the nice man at the desk all about your dreams and ambitions, he wont laugh...............

15. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Actually join up, get through initial training, go through P company and then once you've managed to do all that and have about two years under your belt and have a realistic view of what is actually entailed, preferably with some active service you can tell everyone how you want to become a SF operator.

Right now sitting at home with mum and dad and posting on a military BBS - yes, it's pretty childish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.