is it better to marry?

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by Elainy, Jan 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi to all,

i am wondering how much difference it makes if you are married to an officer or if you are just his girlfriend (in terms of rights, recognition by the army, etc) does it really make life much easier when you are married?

2. No, officers are still jumped up poofters regardless of their marriage status :lol:
  3. Elainy,

Unless you happen to live in the same town/country as your boyfriend it's more or less academic anyway. Don't think you can get a quarter so unless you are going to get him to "live out" and move in with him there is no snuggy nights in in front of the TV. You get him at the weekend.

You still get to come to the parties etc and try and get along with the other wives / girlfriends - I will make no comment on Army wives / girlfriends for fear of retribution.

I will say that your chief right as an Officer's Girlfriend is to p1ss and moan about him being in the army/being knackered all the time/being away AGAIN/being p1ssed AGAIN/etc etc etc.

Then you can bin him - AGAIN.

I am in no ways bitter.

P.S. Don't forget the pearl earings and Puffa jacket.
  4. I would have to say in a most serious manner

dont be so daft

Just spend his money and then go back home to your parents :wink:
  5. Unmarried RAF Officer type here.

Fancy a shag?

No - really. Been through the long-term, living together thing. Depends really.
    Do you plan to spend the rest of your life with him?
    Does he plan to stay in the Mob?
    Can you hack either having long distance or following with no assistance when he gets posted?
    Do you want to be outside the family when they deploy somewhere rough?

He is currently married to the Army - whatever he says, it is that way. IMHO you have to accept that and possibly think about what you both want long term. Military life is so much more about married life than sin. It is just conservative with a small 'c'.
  6. Marry him , make his life a boring misery not ours.

Beebs x
  7. you may also wish to consider that marriage is the union of two people for all time involving solemn promises made in gods presence. it will also mean donning twin set and pearls and lowering yourself to pour drinks for waynetta slob and her common friends at the wives club coffee mornings while listening to endless whinging from the ron-hills and white stiletto bunch. tuck in.
  8. Well, well........a straight RAF Officer?
  9. She could still be a butch flicker of the bean - therefore would still count as batting for the opposition or licking the wrong side of the stamp and, ergo, not straight!!