Is it any wonder the Germans started 2 world wars

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by ugly, Aug 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Lets be honest, after a skinful of Dortmunder Kronen I tried to borrow a boneheads panzer and Invade Belguim.
    It certainly was fighting beer as evidenced by the queue of lads to have a chat with the CO on a Monday!

2. More of a 'Warsteiner' man myself.

3. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Krazy K, now that brings back memories, of Gd room cells and the like :D

4. Krazy K..........haven't heard that expression for years!

5. Gold Top Wobbly here too.

Did a session on 'Krankenhaus K' and I wanted to go postal in Koln alt town , hangover was awesome too, I just wanted God to take my miserable life.

I can quite understand why a night on that would have had Adolf saying "Did that Poland spill my pint?"

6. Wouldn't be the first time that a panzer roared out of our hangars in the dead of night after the pubs closed :)

7. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

We had an OC who didn't tolerate drunk drivers cos his father had been killed by one. Get caught and never mind what the boxheads threw at you ...

Christmas came so he invited the RMP to come and give a talk about D&D. The guy related to something that had happened just before I'd gone to Oznatraz and it had made the UK national news (but Traz was just somewhere in BAOR until you got there).

This RMP WO (IIRC) had been called to an incident at the level crossing just below Mercer / Imphal. A pair of boozed up grunts had borrowed a 432 and decided to play chicken with the Traz - Berlin Express. There were no winners. His overriding memories were:

1. Slabs of meat everywhere;
    2. The all-pervading smell of booze.

There were no publications of D&D on Part 2 Orders that Christmas.

8. Remember they used to park a mangled car at the main gate to remind you not to D&D?

9. Drink Dortmunder Kronen - with an apfelkorn depth charge for good measure - and you would wrestle trams! I remember being stunned at finding draft Dortmunder K in India FFS and having an impromptu nostalgia session. Apparently either Cobra or Kingsfisher is a license-built version...which may explain why I am very partial to Kingfisher with my vindaloo.

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Did the Indian barman do a German and spend 20 minutes wiping froth with a beer mat of the top of the glass?

11. a frew steins of Paderborner Gold and all I wanted to do was sleep.....

12. I was attatched to the US Helicopters in Bad Kreuznach, and they would not drink any of the D beers only their own imported.

After a night out in BK I found out why.

13. Odd you should mention that - I was on holiday in the summer of 82 and the train I was on hit what looked like a 432 somewhere between Cologne and Copenhagen in the middle of the night - turned it upside down, although the train didn't come off too badly, just derailed a bit. Same incident?

14. I'm a bitburger man although wobbly on draft is pretty good, although i do like the kilkenny you get in irish bars, why don't you get that in uk

15. Surprised to be given Heineken Export in the NCO's club at Ramstein was told by barmaid "you brits start complaining if we serve you the yank sh%t". Loved Brinkhoffs No1 followed by wobbly and hannen alt or for complete skull fcuk Echtes KUlmbacher 28 O.G 1128 :twisted: :D