Is Ireland a banana republic - Discuss

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by bokkatankie, Jan 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sir Bob Geldof suggested they were and as he's going to heaven it must be so.
  2. Bob Geldof- big **** off house, loads of money, 1 decent song, still starving people in africa!! you work it out
  3. Shouldnt it be a potatoe republic?
  4. I think it is.Started out green,turned yellow and ends up bent.
  5. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

As the Irish banks systematically under-reported their debt to the Irish government, I suspect this latest call on the Iriswh central bank is because chickens are coming home to roost. I'd laugh but for the fact that a lot of our idiot banks are exposed to Irish debt - the with main one being RBS.

Although the forthcoming Irish crash is likely to be dwarfed by the forthcoming Chinese crash. Also from today's Telegraph.

Hedge funds bet China is a bubble close to bursting - Telegraph

This is not the first time I've seen this sort of research. One hedge fund contacted Chinese electricity and gas companies to see what percentage of new properties were actually connected and consuming. The answer was about 30% - suggesting a huge amount of unsold/unused property.

6. Or a helluva lot of illegal connections, ganja factories spring to mind here in u.k.
  7. If you want the view from the man in the Irish Street, just Google "wanking bankers"
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Sooner the better and take that other Irish **** Bono with him.
  9. If its the clip I think yer on about, he's actually living oversea's I think. Was recorded the other week.
  10. Yeah looking carefully it looks like somewhere in North America and face it there is far too much blue sky for it to be anywhere in Ireland :)
  11. Well the sky's black here at the min, that rules out Ulster.
  12. Is Ireland a banana republic?

It certainly is and always was!
  13. No it's too wet to grow bananas. It's those bl00dy bankers again funding house building and then no one could afford the houses which are now empty
  14. Which can be filled up with all the pikey trash that we will ship back to Ireland