Is infantry the way forward for me?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by tochy01, Jan 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the best thing about being an infantryman? And did you make the right choise?
  2. dont bother with inf mate just go straight for sas, why waste 3 years?
  3. I agree with Suedehead. Join up to 49 Para, then after a year you're expempt approx 50% of the SAS selection anyway, if I recall. I'm sure someone on here will know for sure?
  4. Of course it is! What's the matter, man? Don't you want to be a proper soldier?
  5. i want to ba a para. jst getting as much info as poss.
  6. y r a rtd m88888
  7. considerin you need to be in any branch of the armed forces for 3 years before you can apply for special forces selection :lol:

8. Really? :roll:
  9. yes

3 years service in the armed forces required to apply for special forces selection.
    you cant apply for the sas in the careers office can you?
  10. You're a very well informed young man. Shame you can't spot a wind up at ten paces. Spanner.
  11. I think your irony detector is due an MOT. Perhaps you should get your sense of humour serviced whilst you're there :roll:

In fact, why are you even here? You're still at school, and in no position to give advice to others.
  12. At the risk of giving you a serious answer, you might want to check this thread -

Anyone Love the Infantry

As with any job it will have it's ups and downs, i think i made the right choice.
  13. If you want to be a proper soldier where all the action is join the AGC or the RLC! they're all nails pal!
  14. em....yes? :lol:
    forget a said anythin :p
  15. You probably wont get the answer your looking for on here tochy01, my advice would be go to the careers office and ask a recruiter that is/has been in the infantry. AGC and RLC isnt all soldering lol if you want infantry, your local regiment or paras best bet?