Is infantry the way forward for me?

I agree with Suedehead. Join up to 49 Para, then after a year you're expempt approx 50% of the SAS selection anyway, if I recall. I'm sure someone on here will know for sure?

Of course it is! What's the matter, man? Don't you want to be a proper soldier?

Whiskey_60 said:
futureSQUADDIE said:
Suedehead said:
dont bother with inf mate just go straight for sas, why waste 3 years?
considerin you need to be in any branch of the armed forces for 3 years before you can apply for special forces selection :lol:

Really? :roll:
yes

3 years service in the armed forces required to apply for special forces selection.
you cant apply for the sas in the careers office can you?

futureSQUADDIE said:
Whiskey_60 said:
futureSQUADDIE said:
Suedehead said:
considerin you need to be in any branch of the armed forces for 3 years before you can apply for special forces selection :lol:

yes

3 years service in the armed forces required to apply for special forces selection.
You're a very well informed young man. Shame you can't spot a wind up at ten paces. Spanner.

futureSQUADDIE said:
Whiskey_60 said:
futureSQUADDIE said:
Suedehead said:

yes

I think your irony detector is due an MOT. Perhaps you should get your sense of humour serviced whilst you're there :roll:

In fact, why are you even here? You're still at school, and in no position to give advice to others.

Z

Zarathustra

tochy01 said:
What is the best thing about being an infantryman? And did you make the right choise?
At the risk of giving you a serious answer, you might want to check this thread -

Anyone Love the Infantry

As with any job it will have it's ups and downs, i think i made the right choice.

If you want to be a proper soldier where all the action is join the AGC or the RLC! they're all nails pal!

Bravo_Zulu said:
futureSQUADDIE said:
Whiskey_60 said:
futureSQUADDIE said:
Suedehead said:

yes

I think your irony detector is due an MOT. Perhaps you should get your sense of humour serviced whilst you're there :roll:

In fact, why are you even here? You're still at school, and in no position to give advice to others.
em....yes? :lol:
forget a said anythin :p

You probably wont get the answer your looking for on here tochy01, my advice would be go to the careers office and ask a recruiter that is/has been in the infantry. AGC and RLC isnt all soldering lol if you want infantry, your local regiment or paras best bet?

futureSQUADDIE

You are a tool.

To the original poster, only you can answer that question. Make sure you do your homework on the various jobs available, personally I loved being in the Infantry full-time and I'm still enjoying it now I'm doing it part-time. The reason I enjoy it is because It's challenging, rewarding, the mates you'll make are fantastic and the opportunities to travel are second to none.

Goodluck with whatever you decide.

D

Deleted 20555

Do you enjoy sleeping out in the rain, running everywhere and digging an amazing amount of holes?

skintboymike said:
futureSQUADDIE said:
Whiskey_60 said:
futureSQUADDIE said:
Suedehead said:

yes

You're a very well informed young man. Shame you can't spot a wind up at ten paces. Spanner.
a ment to add a :lol: on the end of that sorry if a came across as bein serious :D

You came across as being serious because you were being serious, you dribbler.

Bravo_Zulu said:
futureSQUADDIE said:
Whiskey_60 said:
futureSQUADDIE said:
Suedehead said:

yes

I think your irony detector is due an MOT Perhaps you should get your sense of humour serviced whilst you're there :roll:

Future Squaddie,

Don't let them put you off - your posts in this thread have cheered me up no end, and indirectly you have helped me to remeber that my MOT is up this month so thanks a lot, keep 'em coming.