Is Immigration really a problem?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by chipcat, Mar 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seems to be a high proportion of UKIP supporters on here.

is immigration really a problem in Britain?
    I'm from Penzance and don't find it a problem.

Where abouts are you from?

What's immigration like in the local area?
  2. Is there available social housing in Penzance?

Is there plenty of work available in your area?

Ask labour if the UK has an immigration problem as they made such a grand job during their 13years?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  3. Maybe
    Not much
    Good for you
    None of your business
    I like looking at asian girls
  4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

What a load of bollocks. Cornwall's full of bloody immigrants. You can't move for some damn Englishman who's moved down to the west country in search of a better life. Now the locals can't afford the housing and drug use and unemployment are high.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Massive shortage of jobs, massive shortage of housing, just for starters. Of course immigration is a problem. We should have closed the doors years ago and put out the "Tiny Island is Full" sign.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Chipfat, I've told you to get off that computor and finish off that homework theres a good boy
  7. The Tamar is there for a reason.
  8. ..................How can immigration possibly be a problem?

We are a nation of immigrants!

Show me a so called true English/Scot/Welch/Irishman & I'll show you a Roman/Saxon/Norman/Viking/Protestant/ Huguenot/etc, etc!

Immigration isn't the problem.

Our welfare handouts are the problem!

Immigrants who come here to work/integrate/contribute to the economy are what we need.

Immigrants who come here to claim benefits/not integrate or contribute to the economy are a drain on this country!
    • Like Like x 3

9. Ergo.......immigration is a problem!

Unlike the rest of Europe,these Islands are getting rather crowded,it doesn't matter if immigrants work,or not,there is only a finite amount of real estate,a finite number of beds in the NHS,and a finite number of jobs (at the moment),so unless you have the answer to the problem,it's not going to get any better.

Two suggestions to help the situation,get the UK Border Agency to stop the free movement across our borders (we aren't signatories to the Schengen agreement),get them to check the ******* coming into this country,and stop listening to those wasters in Brussels,and Strasbourg.

Do what the French do,ignore them! What are they going to do,fine us,tell them to swivel,how are they going to enforce it?
    • Like Like x 7
  10. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

the issue is the govt knows it needs to get more young people working to pay off all those huge pension benefits for all the unpatriotic coffin dodgers who insist on living beyond a usefull age when they skimped on what they were paying in for 40 years. the EU are spoiling it by insisting we give them benefits.

the germans had the right idea - send them east - to norfolk.
  11. Maybe when people realise that our Hospitals, Schools & Housing 'are' become harder & harder to treat, maintain and acquire due to the influx of Immigrants.

Economic immigrants which contribute to society (and I know many within the Event Industry) ok however the immigrant tourist can do a Cameron & U turn.

Yes the welfare system is a contributing factor to immigrants 'desperate' to get here, and it's failing at an alarming rate..

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  12. Wouldn't it be much simpler to get the EU to pay for and re-settle any illegal immigrants/asylum seekers, after all its at their insistence that we look after them - they've had so much more practice in Germany, Poland and the Ukraine - OK there were some complaints about the hospitality but they were soon extinguished !!!
  13. I was based in Cornwall for 7 years and saw it consistently get worse over the years due to immigrants, my mates that still live and work there confirm it's still not getting any better. And as for Penzance! The town thats at the end of the railway line and see's a steady stream of alchies and junkies get off the train to make their homes there? and you don't see a problem in Penzance?? Must be feckin blind!!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Theres even a limit to that. They have moved on from the crap jobs people would,nt do for love nor money & are now dragging wages & conditions down on skilled & semi skilled jobs. The company I work for has,nt taken a Brit on for over a year.. but have employed a good dozen Poles, Latvians on a considerable less wage than the rest of us. This has turned a once pleasant place to work into a divided us and them atmosphere. Cant say nothing tho as the race card is flashed at anybody who dare raise thier concerns. People really need to wake up to this.
  15. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Anyone cried "journo" yet?
    • Like Like x 2