Is he pushing it on me?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Phoebian, Jun 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Basically my recruiter wants me to join HR & Finance Military Admin, I have had my eye on Military Engineer Comms. Can I get some serving/Ex soldiers opinions on the Royal Engineers?

I want to be out and about doing stuff, and not looking after records and such.

2. As long as you have the quals, stick to your guns and don't let them push you into something you don't want to do.
  3. Definately.

I almost got pushed to do Aircraft Tech (and I know it's a well-sought job) But I wanted something different and something I will be motivated to do.
  4. Sorry mate, :oops: . for a minute there i thought you said 'Is he pushing it in me'.. :twisted: .
  5. lol, was waiting for one of these comments :p
  6. your life................................ your choice.

don't let them fill their quota's.

don't bottle it.

7. info on the Corps???

it's fooking great and one of the only espirit the Corps left!! Join and be proud!
  8. Having seen both sides of the coin as RAOWO of an engineer regiment, I can honestly say that they are a fine bunch and echo the comment about esprit de corps etc. Go for the engineer option, although hr admin whatever its called now may suit some go for what YOU want to do, even if it means waiting for a vacancy.
  9. Tell your recruiter what you want. Don't just sit there and nod your head to everything he says, otherwise he'll just assume that's what you want.
  10. Don't let them bully you into going into the AGC. Go as a sapper. Mil Admin/HR is arrse! Oh how I wish I was still in the RE :x
  11. i wanted to join the intelligence corps.

my recruiter insisted that i actually wanted to be a "gunner para/commando".

not that he had a quota to fill, or targets to meet, or anything :)

it's your life mucker. do what you want to do, not what somebody else says you want to do.
  12. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

If you are young and want a life do NOT go for an admin post. Leave that to the older officers and the sick lame lazy gang.
  13. Cheers guys.
  14. STOP!

HR&Finance military what? Clerks work where photocopiers and computers are safe from incoming fire - therefore a pretty rubbish job.

Military Engineer Comms? Fcuk that. Comms people work in Headquarters, again, a really rubbish job.

Join as a sparky, or a brickie, or a chippy. You can't move for people needing DIY jobs done in Afghanistan therefore you get to blow sh1t up and run about in the combat zone. Happy days.

How can you swear on this board properly? eg **** **** shit twat bollocks ****** etc etc
  15. Agree with all of the above except you should join The Corps as an Armoured God. If the Dog-humping recruiter doesn't know what it is, show him the Engineer Tank in the brochure and ask him how many VC winners the AG Corps has :twisted: