Is he lying about being in the Army?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by confused01, Sep 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wonder if anyone hear can help me here...my sister is dating a guy that claims to be on leave from the Army due to a knee injury. He is a civil engineer and has not been in the Army for aslong as they have been dating,..around a year. He says that he called his sergeant and they have said they don't need him at the moment because they are not sending troops into Afganistan at the moment???
    He is to see around April time when he is to go back. I don't know how long the minimum is you have to serve but he says that aslong as he is 'on sick' the time doesn't get deducted. He is getting paid a lower rate whilst he is not there...at least £1000 take home..

I don't know anything about the Army and how it works but this doesn't seem to add up does it?

How can I go about finding out if he is taking my sister for a ride?? x

2. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH porkies

3. Does he smell funny?

4. Sorry, they just don't send you home if you have a bad knee. They provide medical assessment, physio and surgery if required but you still go to work. Ask him his Army number, or even better, as to see his tattoos.

5. Are you trawling again Dale???????? :x

6. cashier number 3 please!!!

7. Agreed! A wah from some ARRSEr, I just don't know which one, yet.

MsG

8. I don't think he has any tatoos actually lol He is 23 also

9. Check the bedsheets, check the laundry, any funny smells in the bedrooms, sister always tired, boyfriend consistently smirking, that should be a good start for you :D

10. confused01

Has he ever suggested that you should go on a date with one of his mates? That's often a sign of a real soldier.

11. Lol No come on guys, I need to find out if he's telling the truth

12. Look, the simplest way is to say something to him so quietly that he can't quite hear it.

If he says "What?" he's not in the Army.

13. Or, if you're out walking with him, when you get to a cross-roads ask him which way you're going to turn. If he points with a finger, he's not Army.

14. Ask him "What's in a rifle cleaning kit?" Then "What's the weight of a pull-through?"

Post his answer on here and we can advise.