Is he lucky or what

That guy was lucky, but it was a simple case of bad timing.
He wasn't part of the tank crew, he was just trying to steal the hubcaps.

I've seen a frame from that video with the warhead visible and it's pretty big; more likely a Metis-M, think Milan on steroids.

Originally Posted by ObnoxiousJockGit

I think he was taking a dump.
Before of after the fact?

I'm pretty sure he was still taking a dump as he ran away......and probably still is.

Don't know about lucky, I bet his strides are full of shit and melted to his legs, while the rest of him smells like a well used George Foreman grill.

There's no fecking way that the bloke was in the tank when it cooked off. I agree with other posters that he was either having a dump, making a brew or syphoning off the fuel.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
he ran to the building which was probably their accom so he was probably the standing guard and was having a bored shit

Try this. Posted by seanbean on the 'All Videos and pics in here' thread.

>

Syrian tank is hit by HEAT round. Anyone in tank is killed instantly by spall, HEAT jet fragments, temperature, and massive pressure wave - forces involved are immense.

A few seconds later, the propellant magazine (T-72 uses two piece ammunition,) which is unprotected and encircles the turret in the T-72, begins to burn, after being perforated by numerous white hot fragments.

The propellant goes off - 50 rounds worth of tank shell propellant burning. Tank essentially becomes rocket engine chamber and the hatch is the nozzle, massive jet of flame results. Interior of tank is 2000 degrees F or so due to being massive rocket engine chamber.

>

LiveLeak.com - Syria - Tank "ultrakilled" in Darayya.

Just after the bloke enters the ruins a rifle shot hits the pillar a bit higher than where his head would have been a milisecond earlier. Lucky, lucky bastard.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
all that flame and he didn't get a brew on, bad drills that man

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
the much prized BV probably the only thing we consistantly get right. :)

not sure if they are allowed now with all that heath and safety going about, dangerous having hot liquids in a combat enviroment.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tomahawk6 Infantry 3
quiller The Intelligence Cell 10
Ord_Sgt Current Affairs, News and Analysis 2