IS ESPN TAKING OVER SCOTTISH FOOTBALL FROM SETANTA?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Norfolknchance, Aug 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick query but as a subscriber to Virgin Media, I got Setanta free as part of the package (possible reason why it went t1ts-up). Now that it's off air and ESPN seem to have taken over, does anyone know if they are broadcasting live SPL football this season.

I know, I'm sad. Nurse, the purple pills and please come and empty my bottle!

2. I thought Sky had picked up the SPL rights.

Thats not 100% though.

3. That's more percentage than I had mucker! Many thanks.

4. Thats correct, Sky has the SPL and ESPN have the rights to the 40 odd Premiership games that used to be on Setanta.

As a Leeds fan, it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to me though :D

MB

5. Oh well, looks like I'll have to go to the pub now. Missus Chance is going to be well happy with that!

6. I think they have Top 14 rugby as well, which is a bugger as I could watch it on Eurosport last year...

7. I used to watch magners league on setanta. any idea who has go the rights to those games

8. Setanta still have it in Ireland, otherwise it's BBC Wales and S4C.

9. the new espn channel seems to be giving quite a good selection of sports these days, with eredivisie and some bundesliga as well. The ESPN america channel looks alright too (with a sad liking for baseball here). Im just relieved the UFC is on it too, wondered where else i was gonna get my cage rage!

Getting it as part of my XL package from Virign means i wont pay anything extra either, so its alright like. Not to mention the HD channel they are launching too.

However, as an old firm fan im gonna have to get the Sky Sports package for that one too, not to mention the champions league.

10. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

That's quite apt as ESPN is owned by Disney. It's only fair that they get to screen the Mickey Mouse League.

Note: This is a joke. I'm just getting it in before someone else does.

11. got to iraqigoals.com and watch them all for free!

12. Although not an Old Firm fan (but an Arab), I'll just tell the missus that Sky's got the match on so will have to watch it at the local. Even although we get the Virgin XL package.

Anyway, thanks to all for the info, may your team do well this season unless you're playing my lot!!!

13. cheers for the reply mate

14. aye the arabs seem to be our bogey team!

until the last game last season that is ;-)