Is ephedrine allowed ?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by the_breakfast_club, Jan 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've heard different stories about ephedrine / ephedra and need to find the most up to date information.

I'm considering using ephedrine as part of my cutting cycle but need to understand whether or not it's illegal in the army ?

Please do not reply if you only have information from "hear say "

Sent from my HTC One X+ using ARRSE mobile app
  2. It's not allowed
  3. Ruddy duplicte posts
  4. UK

In the UK ephedrine is regulated as a P medicine: it may only be lawfully supplied within a registered pharmacy and while a pharmacist is present. It is not a currently Controlled Drug under the Misuse of Drugs Act. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

5. Both Ephedrine and Eephedra are class P drugs within the EU and can only be legally dispensed by a pharmacist against a doctor's prescription.
  6. JARROD, tell him.........
  7. Well I don't know, that's why I'm ******* asking , *********

Sent from my HTC One X+ using ARRSE mobile app
  8. ********* for asking, use some CDF.
  9. It can't be a good thing, legal or not. Ephedrine is a stimulant as is psuedoephedrine and that is a controlled drug in many countires, they do it that way for good reasons.

Give it a miss and feel a lot better in yourself, and avoid any shit with the authorities into the bargain. Bottom line is you don't need it anyway.
  10. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Well given the long list of potentially serious side effects you'd have to be a muppet to try it. Particularly when one of the contraindications is "people with reduced or impaired fluid replacement". If your "cutting cycle" is a body-building cutting cycle then you will probably be also limiting your fluid intake too. So expect serious kidney disease in the future if you decide to go for it a few times.
  11. Trans-sane

Incorrect. POMs require a prescription from a licenced and registerd practioner. Ps can only be sold in pharmacies when the pharmacist is present. And they usually require a consultation from the pharmacist as well for a first purchase.
  12. Trans-sane

Psuedoephedrine is controlled in many countries because it is one of the primary precurssors for the manufacture of chrystal meth. In the uk, while legally it isn't Controlled (in terms of schedules 1-4) it is kept an eye on and anyone attempting to buy it in bulk will almost certainly be reported to the police and they will have their collar felt.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. I undertand that if you swallow enough pseudoephedrine it can give you a "buzz". I also recall a footballer of the 60s/70s on telly saying he would see other players gulping down a bottle of cough medicine (that had this stuff in it) before a match, the effect was to stimulate them and their perormance.

That has to have a potential for abuse, addiction and health problems. Can't be worth it if so.
  14. Trans-sane

There is potential to abuse almost any substance in existance if you stretch your imagination enough. But there comes a point when its just not worth it. While you may get a buzz from (pseudo)ephedrene, you get a bigger buzz and a greater risk of damage to yourself, others and civil society from a gram of coke or wrap of speed. And both of those are probably cheaper for a bigger bang and easier to get ahold of if you know a couple of dealers.

Sudafed is kept an eye on for the same reasons as nitrate fertilisers- because of the seriously dangerous shit that can be made from it, not because it itself is inherrantly dangerous. Luckily codeine is a POM over here otherwise I expect Krokodil would be taking off over here as much as it has in Russia/Ukraine/bits of Eastern Poland etc.
  15. Agree many things are open to abuse, and that amphetamines/coke are by far worse than a bottle of cough cure could ever be, no matter how big.

I have seen the Krokodil videos and they are about as hideous as things can get, you have to see it to believe it as I guess you have done yourself. Clearly way bad compared to pseudoephedrine. What some people do for fun.