Is Deconstruction better than Demolition and/or Collapse?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Nehustan, Oct 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I have been thinking about this for some time (longer than is probably healthy to admit circa 1980s in situ Oxford), but in regard to the current state of global affairs I wish to propose a question, not coincidentally for the 21st century postmodern in it's tone (i.e. deconstruction); it may seem unclear as to what exactly I'm getting at (or very clear), but as put...

"Is Deconstruction better than Demolition and/or Collapse?"

2. If it is all going to go pete tong then so be it.

Let the markets fail,learn the lessons (snigger) and move on.

Much better than throwing wads of our cash at the vortex (although politico's with vested intrests would disagree).

3. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

One might even say 'Remember remember the 5th of November' ;)

4. One might.One might also suggest that we start burning 'guy's' in the likeness of politicians.

It would be far more inkeeping with the spirit of the day.

5. But surely (No, not Shirley), your cash is worthless when the markets fail, isn't it?

6. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I was referring to your avatar and considering you were voting for the Demolition section of the second option...

7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

...and referring to money from HM Treasury (or available to such from any 'war chest') as 'our' money is counter-mount to Republicanism ;)

8. You're right!
    Booo! Down with Republicanismism.... Kick him in the lips!

Wait a minnit..... counter-mount? :?

9. Tantamount ??????

10. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I had the same issue, (i.e. whether it was the right word) counter-mount means to raise an 'eddifice' or such like as for war...

11. Isn't an edifice a cliff or a rock face or something like that?

12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Bad spelling on my part...edifice: 1. A building, usually a large and stately building, as a church, palace, temple, or fortress; a fabric, structure. 2. a. The action or process of building or construction. b. Style of building, architecture. [a. F. édifice, ad. L. ædificium, f. ædis temple, house + -ficium making.]

13. True.

However,to forget or ignore where and who the cash came from in the first place is a little too close to communism for my liking.....comrade.

And better that the cash is worthless in my pocket than a bankers. :D

14. Sod the "GUY'S"(sic) Burn the politicians.

AVENGE WAT TYLER!

15. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

...as it happens I am literally sat in front of Word writing a paper with the title of 'In the light of anthropological and/or historical evidence, critically assess the claim by the French Anarchist, Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, that 'Property is theft.''

All kinds of goodies going into it, Rousseau, Proudon, Marx, Engels, Locke, Mill and a sprinkling of anthropologists :twisted: