Is Deconstruction better than Demolition and/or Collapse?

Is Deconstruction better than Demolition and/or Collapse?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
I have been thinking about this for some time (longer than is probably healthy to admit circa 1980s in situ Oxford), but in regard to the current state of global affairs I wish to propose a question, not coincidentally for the 21st century postmodern in it's tone (i.e. deconstruction); it may seem unclear as to what exactly I'm getting at (or very clear), but as put...

"Is Deconstruction better than Demolition and/or Collapse?"

Nehustan said:
I have been thinking about this for some time (longer than is probably healthy to admit circa 1980s in situ Oxford), but in regard to the current state of global affairs I wish to propose a question, not coincidentally for the 21st century postmodern in it's tone (i.e. deconstruction); it may seem unclear as to what exactly I'm getting at (or very clear), but as put...

If it is all going to go pete tong then so be it.

Let the markets fail,learn the lessons (snigger) and move on.

Much better than throwing wads of our cash at the vortex (although politico's with vested intrests would disagree).

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
insert-coin-here said:
Nehustan said:

Much better than throwing wads of our cash at the vortex (although politico's with vested intrests would disagree).
One might even say 'Remember remember the 5th of November' ;)

Nehustan said:
insert-coin-here said:
Nehustan said:

One might.One might also suggest that we start burning 'guy's' in the likeness of politicians.

It would be far more inkeeping with the spirit of the day.

insert-coin-here said:
Nehustan said:

But surely (No, not Shirley), your cash is worthless when the markets fail, isn't it?

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
insert-coin-here said:
Nehustan said:
insert-coin-here said:
Nehustan said:

One might.One might also suggest that we start burning 'guy's' in the likeness of politicians.

I was referring to your avatar and considering you were voting for the Demolition section of the second option...

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Chuffit said:
insert-coin-here said:
Nehustan said:

But surely (No, not Shirley), your cash is worthless when the markets fail, isn't it?
...and referring to money from HM Treasury (or available to such from any 'war chest') as 'our' money is counter-mount to Republicanism ;)

Nehustan said:
Chuffit said:
insert-coin-here said:
Nehustan said:

...and referring to money from HM Treasury (or available to such from any 'war chest') as 'our' money is counter-mount to Republicanism ;)
You're right!
Booo! Down with Republicanismism.... Kick him in the lips!

Wait a minnit..... counter-mount? :?

Chuffit said:
Nehustan said:
Chuffit said:
insert-coin-here said:
Nehustan said:

You're right!

Tantamount ??????

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
saintstone said:
Chuffit said:
Nehustan said:
Chuffit said:
insert-coin-here said:
Nehustan said:

You're right!

Tantamount ??????
I had the same issue, (i.e. whether it was the right word) counter-mount means to raise an 'eddifice' or such like as for war...

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Squiddly said:
Isn't an edifice a cliff or a rock face or something like that?
Bad spelling on my part...edifice: 1. A building, usually a large and stately building, as a church, palace, temple, or fortress; a fabric, structure. 2. a. The action or process of building or construction. b. Style of building, architecture. [a. F. édifice, ad. L. ædificium, f. ædis temple, house + -ficium making.]

Nehustan said:
Chuffit said:
True.

However,to forget or ignore where and who the cash came from in the first place is a little too close to communism for my liking.....comrade.

And better that the cash is worthless in my pocket than a bankers. :D

insert-coin-here said:
Nehustan said:
insert-coin-here said:
Nehustan said:

Sod the "GUY'S"(sic) Burn the politicians.

AVENGE WAT TYLER!

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
insert-coin-here said:
However,to forget or ignore where and who the cash came from in the first place is a little too close to communism for my liking.....comrade.

...as it happens I am literally sat in front of Word writing a paper with the title of 'In the light of anthropological and/or historical evidence, critically assess the claim by the French Anarchist, Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, that 'Property is theft.''

All kinds of goodies going into it, Rousseau, Proudon, Marx, Engels, Locke, Mill and a sprinkling of anthropologists :twisted:

Nehustan said:
insert-coin-here said:

...as it happens I am literally sat in front of Word writing a paper with the title of 'In the light of anthropological and/or historical evidence, critically assess the claim by the French Anarchist, Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, that 'Property is theft.''

All kinds of goodies going into it, Rousseau, Proudon, Marx, Engels, Locke, Mill and a sprinkling of anthropologists :twisted:
Sorry when they selected the warriors/scholars teams at school I got pinged for the naughty boys.......................you've lost me

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
thegimp said:
Nehustan said:
insert-coin-here said:

Sorry when they selected the warriors/scholars teams at school I got pinged for the naughty boys.......................you've lost me
It was being called comrade...I came over all funny...

To try and roughly get back to what I was asking, can ecological footprints in relation to production and/or consumption, be compared to the tall buildings on Wall Street in 1929; find yourself on the roof its a long way down, on the 5th floor descent resulting in broken legs, walk out at ground level and all is well.

[align=center]
[/align]

well that and a couple of stella clarified my understanding. A picture paints a thousand words

so what you are really saying is:
"Does the saying the higher you are, the harder you fall still apply in economic terms, even if you change the vocab used to describe exactly how you fall?"

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
smallbrownprivates said:
so what you are really saying is:
"Does the saying the higher you are, the harder you fall still apply in economic terms, even if you change the vocab used to describe exactly how you fall?"
Pretty much, with a subtext of, if you can take a lift down (or be put in one!) before the builders move in, are you're on to a winner...

Latest Threads