Is David Cameron a Warmonger?

Discussion in 'Syria, Mali, Libya, Middle East & North Africa' started by AIR FILTER, Mar 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. David Cameron, a young prime minister in his first year in office.

He strikes me as a man who wont hesitate to engage British troops into war.

He is a man who is fully prepared to sell Arms to other country's of his choosing.

He claims he is passionate about our troops to "emotional levels", but demonstrates nothing to repair the broken Military covenant that exists in our country.

He is hell bent sanctioning his massive financing cuts regime in our society, or "big society" as he calls it.

If he is like this now, what is he going to be like in a few years time when all this power goes to his head.

He might well be on his personal "etonion ego trip" ... but Personally i think this bloke is a madman in the making ......... And a bloody dangerous one to boot.

Link's ..... BBC News - PM David Cameron: British forces 'in action over Libya'

David Cameron sells guns, democracy and Britain – Telegraph Blogs

2. Just a few points;

1. Age is irrelevant. All leaders be they young, old, male or female are ego ridden.
    2. Of course he'll go to war. He has no relly's in the military. Plus, somehow I doubt his kids have Sandhurst on their wish list.
    3. The arms industry always has been and still is a nice little earner. With all his 'big society' malarkey there has to be jobs creation somewhere!
    4. Political warm and fuzzies I'm afraid. Pollies are so good at sound bites
    5. This 'big society' is his legacy. Its a bad political trait, but all pollies in the top job seem to have an incessant need to leave some half baked nonsense for history....bit like a will really, only we the people have to pay instead of being paid.
    6. What will he be like in a few years? He'll be where all old pollies go. Writing his memoirs, pressing the flesh on the lucrative lecture, merry-go-round, and professing the odd dose of mea kulpa.

3. i hope he is a war monger to be honest.

i don't want to be in an army that is sat at home with no conflicts to get stuck into.

i remember the days when Northern Ireland was the only thing bit of excitement we ever saw.

conflict is great for the British Army, so long as the casualties aren't outrageous - lets get stuck in!

4. Nice to see someone with a back bone!

5. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

6. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I suppose, use French airbases, pop over Med, drop a few bombs back in time for morning tea!

7. Indeed, I believe that the Tornado drivers were home in Norfolk in plenty of time for breakfast, not even any hotel bills to pay!

8. I agree. I went 10 years with just NI tours under my belt whilst waiting for the Russian hordes to come over the northern flank. It was ****ing boring. Look what Afghanistan has done for the British Army! We are much better equiped to fight insurgency which will be the mainstay of operations from now on and a much more professional fighting organisation. That said, I don't believe we should be there but it has made us much more competent.

9. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

It's the way to go in these days of straitened T&S budgets.

10. If oil had anything to do with it, wouldn't we be supporting Gaddafi?

11. Thats all well and good, but worth absolutley nothing, if the Armed Forces are not properly resourced!

12. Who cares anyway. At least nowadays I look like an African dictator when I wear my number two's and have some good war stories to tell me grandkids.

13. Agreed on both counts , I despise fighting them crazy Russian hoards with a bfa on

14. Well if we can start to look like them, we may as well be resourced like them.

Might even get my SLR back!