Is 'Crab air' going back to Afghanistan?

So - are the reports correct, that 'Crab Air' might be going back to Bastion along with other military contingents "Because we pulled out to soon - and the Taliban is 'coming'?"

so will that also mean more UK Military et al "Going back to iraq" to win that war all over again so our deluded political elites can state - "Mission accomplished".

One gets a tad cynical about the 'plans of mice and men all going astray' in Westminster and the MoD.

Love the headline making it sound like they will be dog-fighting with the TB Air Force!!

D

Deleted 4886

I think any future deployments will be subject to clarification on the standard of rations available.

Int reports suggested TB were planning to take the EFI. Plans were put in place to defend this vital installation.

The insertion will entail crack Rockape troops being dropped by Chinook five miles from Bastion. Luckily, this is a tactical bound within their limits.

Didn't Terry get the memo that he was defeated and our mission was accomplished???

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
And why not? Remember the moral component of warfare...

Mr Alex Blackman could do with remembering the moral component, the RAF will be worried about the morale component. Theirs obviously,

A British general told The Sunday Times that he expected more troops and fast jets to be sent next year in what would be seen as an admission that Britain had withdrawn too quickly.
How come this is an admission that we, the British, withdrew too quickly and not that the Coalition, taking their cue from the U.S., did so?
I happen to believe that out withdrawal is premature, based as it was on nothing more strategically or operationally relevant than Baz O' Bama's plan for a second term in office. As such it's a feckin' disgrace and an insult to all this who gave their lives and limbs since we first went there. The job is only half done, though I suspect most of the heavy lifting is over. We, and I mean the U.S. led coalition, should have kept out nerve, stayed the course and seen it through to the end.
That we're already talking about some form of return is clear evidence of that.

Chodmeister

RIP
RIP
Makes sense to me. I seem to recall that they have possession of the flag still.

How come this is an admission that we, the British, withdrew too quickly and not that the Coalition, taking their cue from the U.S., did so?
I happen to believe that out withdrawal is premature, based as it was on nothing more strategically or operationally relevant than Baz O' Bama's plan for a second term in office. As such it's a feckin' disgrace and an insult to all this who gave their lives and limbs since we first went there. The job is only half done, though I suspect most of the heavy lifting is over. We, and I mean the U.S. led coalition, should have kept out nerve, stayed the course and seen it through to the end.
That we're already talking about some form of return is clear evidence of that.

When would it have been ok to leave then? Did you expect us to wait until AFG became a functional democracy?

I'm not sure a 100 year commitment would've gone down well with NATO member electorates.

When would it have been ok to leave then? Did you expect us to wait until AFG became a functional democracy?

I'm not sure a 100 year commitment would've gone down well with NATO member electorates.

The time to leave would have been when we and our allies felt we should based on a rigorous, realistic and informed assessment of the political, social and military situation in Afghanistan, and not on a date plucked out of the air by a U.S. presidential candidate interested only in his re-election and without any regard to the situation in the ground at the time.

It matters little how long our western military (US, UK, NATO) coalition forces could have stayed in Afghanistan, or the political will to do so. The inevitable lessons of history show that in time, those who were there like the Soviets, and now us, when we finally all pull out; that fly blown, sandy, mountainous, corrupt piece of real estate between Iran and Pakistan, will in time return to its old ways of war-lordism, Talibandism, corruption and the mal-treatment of women and donkeys. It will be like that all the western blood and treasure; and time and effort will be for nought, and will be swallowed up in the sands of times and history.

The American war machine industry along with the Pentagon-Industrial Complex will get bored with the Afghanistan 'thing', and find somewhere else closer to home to destabilise and start another local war, so they can sell 'stuff' that goes 'bang', 'boom' and ';whoosh!', and improve the bottom line of their Accounts Day Book and shareholders.

Perhaps they will try again somewhere in South America to destabilise - there is always Venezuela and a few other countries, because there is oil and gas there.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
I gather we have pissed £37bn away into the sand on this Tony Blair ego-trip. Which all had to be borrowed.

As soon as the mid-term elections were over Basa Obama quietly announced that more US Forces would remain in Afghanistan to prop up the new Afghan administration. It was exactly what his military commanders have been demanding for years but there were too many democrat votes at stake.

As soon as our election is over next year, we will commit more fighting troops* to 'assist' the ANA/ANP - it has probably all been agreed at the recent conference.

* a loose description which includes the militant wing of BA as mentioned in thread title

HSF

LE
Arn´t most of crabairs flying machines past their sell by date & if we sent half a dozen of the new euro thingys wont that leave the uk undefended by air?