• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Is Brian Moore the worst commentator on TV?

Is Brian Moore biased

• No - he is totally professional

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - he should be dropped by the BBC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Do you think that Brian Moore is the most biased commentator on TV?

National bias to one side this tw@t can only talk about one team on the pitch. It does not matter who England are playing he can only speak about England and will constantly try to find excuses for poor play from any English player.

He never gives any respect to any team playing England. Considering he is commenting on the British Broadcasting Corporation he makes it sound like there is only one team playing.

To be honest I find that he never has anything good to say about England, the only other commentator who is as offensive is Johnathon Davies, who ISTR even managed to declare a piece of Welsh play particularly good, when the opposition had just scored.

Sack them both I say.

Never thought I would say it but the Sky team are far better in nearly all respects, well informed unpartisan comment.

Auld-Yin said:

National bias to one side this tw@t can only talk about one team on the pitch. It does not matter who England are playing he can only speak about England and will constantly try to find excuses for poor play from any English player.

He never gives any respect to any team playing England. Considering he is commenting on the British Broadcasting Corporation he makes it sound like there is only one team playing.
Funny I always get the idea that he bashes England no matter what is going on on the pitch, probably spoilt by the Great Bill Maclaren

PISX_STAINED_PANTS said:
I like watching Brian Moore on "The Big Match Re - visited ".
I like watching Brian Moore on my recording of Murrayfield 1990 .. :D

As for his commentaries, I turn the sound down and use the radio instead. 'Nuff said.

At least he's better than that idiot Butler with his tiresome and pretentious habit of pronouncing the names of the
French players' names in a dodgy French accent.

Pick a language Butler, and stick to it. You can be sure the French commentators are not trying to sound like cockneys when they start talking about Wilkinson and Armitage - so pack it in.

I watch RTE, although that does mean I have to put up with George Hook.

TBH I can live with only hearing about England when they're playing... It's when they're not and the commentary speculates about what the run of play means for England that I get pissed off.

Poacher turned gamekeeper. He pushed the limits and bragged about it for years. Biased one sided bigot and still doing it for big bucks, Hair lipped oppininated mong and has got a book out. Surprise...abused as a kid. His abuser wants locking up for shagging the ugliest kid in the dorm.

Biased dwarf who has all of the professionalism of those who try to hide behind prior glories.

He admitted on a radio four programme recently that he published his memoirs with accusations of abuse against a (now dead, conveniently) sports teacher because he wanted to increase the value he had on the after-dinner speaking circuit.

Utter, utter, utter twunt.

Auld-Yin said:
Biased? Possibly, right up there with Davies, the mong.

Worst? No. Fatty Barnes takes that one by a country mile.

I met Brian's missus in the paddock at Indianapolis and she was straight into me with the "you don't like my husband". I told her that I loved him as a player and disliked him as a commentator, and as I'd said that I didn't like his commentary on the internet, I wouldn't say any different to her face. She respected that and we got on fine after that. :)

If you think he's bad you should listen to some of the American commentators :x

It got so bad during the Atlanta Braves v Toronto World Series that Bob Costas had to apologise to Canada on air before they would allow him to commentate the 2nd game. It didn't help matters that the US Marines carried the Canadian flag onto the field upside down either - 2nd apology sent :)

I'm watching the Olympics right now - switching from a US station to a Canadian station is night and day. US stations - nobody else competed - Cda station at least you see the top 5.

.........................................................................................................
Edited to add - it was the flag upside down - not the Marines 8)

263A said:
Qualified ref and X front row,he's Fine
tend to agree with that, also he was extremely critical of England during the Italy match (quite rightly so) and he was also very complimentary of Italy, (again, quite rightly so). I do enjoy his commentary, and also J davies, at least they both have a passion for a good game of rugby.
I think the BBC coverage of the 6 nations has been pretty much spot on TBH, not much to critise from me.
Stuart Barnes? i thought he was a sh1t player and i think he's a sh1t commentater.

there again, none of them are fit to lick Bill McLarens boots. The way he used to pronounce Xavier Garbajosa, never failed to make me chuckle. watched the documentry on Bill Mclaren the other day, very good.

Latest Threads