Is Bliar certifiably insane?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by MrPVRd, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Yes - he is a nutter! Lock him up NOW!

2. No - he is fully operational and all of his circuits are functioning perfectly.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As a layman I do not understand the full range and taxonomy of delusional illnesses but it is still obvious that Bliar is not playing with a full deck.

Is is borderline personality disorder or does he have one of those Napoleon complexes often mocked in cartoon strips?

Please, complete the poll, medical practitioners and other interested parties.
  2. Blair shold be detained under tSection 2 of the Mental Health act (or Section 141?) because he suffers IMO from:

Psychopathic Disorder...
    ... means a persistent disorder or disability of mind (whether or not including significant impairment of intelligence) which results in abnormally aggressive or seriously irresponsible conduct on the part of the person concerned

Section 141 of the Mental health Act:

Members of Parliament suffering from mental illness

141 -(1) Where a member of the House of Commons is auth­orised to be detained on the ground (however formulated) that he is suffering from mental illness, it shall be the duty of the court, authority or person on whose order or application, and of any registered medical practitioner upon whose recommendation or certificate, the detention was authorised, and of the person in charge of the hospital or other place in which the member is authorised to be detained, to notify the Speaker of the House of Commons that the detention has been authorised.

(2) Where the Speaker receives a notification under subsection (1) above, or is notified by two members of the House of Com­mons that they are credibly informed that such an authorisation has been given, the Speaker shall cause the member to whom the notification relates to be visited and examined by two registered medical practitioners appointed in accordance with subsection (3) below.

(3) The registered medical practitioners to be appointed for the purposes of subsection (2) above shall be appointed by the President of the Royal College of Psychiatrists and shall be prac­titioners appearing to the President to have special experience in the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders.

(4) The registered medical practitioners appointed in accord­ance with subsection (3) above shall report to the Speaker whether the member is suffering from mental illness and is authorised to be detained as such.

(5) If the report is to the effect that the member is suffering from mental illness and authorised to be detained as aforesaid, the Speaker shall at the expiration of six months from the date of the report, if the House is then sitting, and otherwise as soon as may be after the House next sits, again cause the member to be visited and examined by two such registered medical prac­titioners as aforesaid, and the registered medical practitioners shall report as aforesaid.

(6) If the second report is that the member is suffering from mental illness and authorised to be detained as mentioned in subsection (4) above, the Speaker shall forthwith lay both reports before the House of Commons, and thereupon the seat of the member shall become vacant.

(7) Any sums required for the payment of fees and expenses to registered medical practitioners acting in relating to a member of the House of Commons under this

shall be defrayed out of moneys provided by Parliament.
  3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I would strongly suggest that a Barring Order should be obtained under Sect 25, in order to prevent interference from the Wide-Mouthed Frog.

Section 25 limits the Nearest Relative's power to order discharge. The Nearest Relative cannot make an order for discharge with immediate effect, but has to give 72 hours' notice. During this time, the Responsible Medical Officer may provide the Mental Health act Managers with a report certifying that:

* the patient, if discharged, would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to other persons or to her/himself.

In such cases, the Nearest Relative's proposed order for discharge has no effect; the patient remains detained. The Nearest Relative cannot properly make another order for discharge for another 6 months (even if the Section is changed or renewed during this time).

I suspect that the differential diagnoses will include megalomania: n. form of insanity in which patient believes him- or herself to be person of great importance; mania for doing grand actions.
  4. If insane counts the same as being the biggest w'anker this side of the Atlantic, then that man has all the signs and symptoms :wink:
  5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Section 136 MHA, lock up the loony!
  6. Sect 135 MHA and the copper on the door can kick it down and gain entry.
    Go on . You know you want to.
  7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I know and just might give No 10 a knock at 0600hrs!
  8. While your at it, insert your truncheon in a certain orifice. He's been doing that to us for the past few years, now see how he likes it :evil:
  9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

We like to call it a PR 24, mmmmm Per Rectum, you could be right D-L! :lol:
  10. Whilst your at it, put some barbed wire around it :twisted:
  11. Come on, admit it! Who said 'no'?

12. it was Tony
  13. It was me, it was me, I admit it!!! 8O I am now a true red supporter. I love Tone, he's the man for me :?
  14. Well, it would seem that Cpl_Ripper has been talking him up of late...
  15. Do you not mean TAKING HIM UP IT OF LATE :wink: