Is Blair Making Up Dialogue With Queen?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Hootch, Sep 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From Guido.

Guy Fawkes' blog of parliamentary plots, rumours and conspiracy

The New York Times is claiming that the dialogue in Blair’s book “A Journey” where the Queen says

“You are my 10th prime minister, the first was Winston. That was before you were born.”

Is based entirely on a fictional scene from the 2006 film “The Queen” starring Helen Mirren. An amazing coincidence reckons the film’s scriptwriter. Blair make something up to suit his purposes? Say it ain’t so…

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/09/world/europe/09blair.html?_r=1&hp

Peter Morgan, screenwriter of “The Queen,” said that the scene in the film was entirely fictional, based on his imagination. Since it is unlikely that he “guessed absolutely perfectly,” Mr. Morgan told The Daily Telegraph, perhaps Mr. Blair “had one gin and tonic too many” and — like Ronald Reagan before him — “confused the scene in the film with what actually happened.”
    QUOTE ENDS

Well ............ suprise, suprise, Blair has been caught out making something up to graft some cash or is he really more dotty than the "progressive" press would have us believe that Reagan & George W were?

Sven, Ashie and any other fawning labour apologists ....... your views are welcome.

2. I saw that Cnut Bliar on TV the other day. He is looking more and more like a charactature of Lucifer every time I see him. I hope that other cnut the pope tells Tony that converting to catholicism wont save his arse from the fiery pit while he is over on tour.

If I had the last bullet left on earth and free choice of who to use it on, Tony would get it.

3. A teller of tall tales of Daring Do, from his Teenage years apparently..... (So it has been alleged).... or he drank too deeply when Paw McRuin next door was around in Numero Eleven.....

"J'ai dit Grande Merde und Grosse Sheist Spreken!" ....... takes the words right out of my mouth.... hehehe!!

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Give the guy a break will yer? If I was Blair, there's no way in hell I'd publish what Her Majesty had said to me. It's a family book after all, and you can't say **** in family books.

5. I always thought that the convention was that HMQ's words to her PM were never revealed, on the grounds that even something as gentle as 'you're my tenth Prime Minister' could be taken out of context as being an attempt by the monarch to belittle her PM. I'll grant you that the only convention the Blairs are interested in is the European one on Human Rights, through which Cherie has been notably enriched , but still....

6. Liar! now sue me.

7. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Why would he lie about what he said to Mandelson?

8. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

He was a man who dealt in paltitudes, cliches and triteness it would not surprise me that he took another's words as his own.

9. If he said it was Thursday I would check the callender. of course he is a lying twat he was a politician

10. Because telling untruths - lies - was endemic in 'New Labour'.

In order to cover their inadequacies, stupidities and a total lack of credible and workable policies, they HAD to lie - they HAD to dissemble - they HAD to deceive.

'New' Labour was worse for this country than 'Proper' Labour. At least 'Proper' Labour had honourable aims!

The disgraceful behaviour of this appalling man must never, ever, be forgotten nor forgiven.

God Save the Queen -

- and Death, Disease and Destruction to republican leaning filth - such as the grinning 'spiv' Bliar..

11. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

I fear I am lost on you.

12. It's also the convention that you don't sit down while the Queen is standing. Cherie made a point of doing this and anything else that would show disrespect to the Monarch. Wouldn't want HM to be in any doubt about who was the "First Lady" now, would we?

If you like made-up stories, I'd wait for Broon's epic, due out in November if his supply of crayons holds out. I've seen the table of contents:-

Chapter 1 - Early Life (The cleverest boy in the school)
    Chapter 2 - Edinburgh University (One day I'll fukkin' get Oxford for rejecting me)
    Chapter 3 - An Academic Career (Cambridge, Harvard or Glasgow Technical College. Decisions, Decisions)
    Chapter 4 - Entering Politics (And Peter, if the rumours are to be believed)
    Chapter 5 - 1997: In power at last (Bwa Ha Ha - £600 billion - and it's all mine to save the world)
    Chapter 6 - 2007: Moving next door (Real power. Should I nuke Oxford?)
    Chapter 7 - Anti-psychotic drugs and electro-convulsive therapy. A heady combination? (They're coming to take me away ha ha).
    Chapter 8 - Obama. He owes it all to me. (My Secret Service code name isn't really "Mad Hatter")
    Chapter 8.5 - Economic collapse (Oh FUKK - It wisnae ma fault)
    Chapter 9 - Electoral collapse (I can feel a state of emergency coming on. Where's the Civil Contingencies Act?)
    Chapter 9.5 - STILL IN POWER (Fukk you ya Eton toff)
    Chapter 10 - Goodbye to the Queen (For an 82 year old woman, she's got a helluva right hook)
    Chapter 11 - Pastures New (Let me just fax the IMF again to make sure they've got my phone number)

13. What, you mean like it used to be a convention that Prime Minsiters took policy advice from senior civil servants, not from their own political appointees from the media?

Or it used to be a convention that you didn't plant easy-peasy questions in PMQs?

Or it used to be a convention that you didn't arse around with thousand-year-old offices such Lord Chancellor without bothering to consult anyone but a few cronies?

Or it used to be a convention that you didn't remove Magna Carta rights without a pretty dam' good reason?

Or it used to be a convention not to tell lies to Parliament in order to get into a land war in Asia?

Yeah, I remember those conventions. I don't recall ever being asked to vote on the question of binning them, either.

All the best,

John.

14. Excellent!

15. And you, sir, are a genius!