Is Barrack Dress coming back in?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by pmc_abo, Feb 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it formal policy to reintroduce Barrack dress as normal working day to day wear?

Need a quick answer, thanks in anticipation.

2. Feck that shit, by far the most awful shite that we ever had to wear, itchy nads, rashes, and they were just my problems lol

3. Duplicate

4. Surely it must be against elf n saftey fire regs ?? They were fooking lethal if so much a lit fag end brushed against them. Lightweights & wooly pullys gotta be a better option & a lot mre comfy aswell !!!

LT

5. Barrack dress trousers are the worst thing ever devised. In Medieval times they have used them as a torture device, dress the victim in them and make them walk around on a hot day.

You have to iron them using nothing hotter than the palms of your hands as well otherwise risk the tell tale iron marks on the legs.

6. I've heard it's going to be SD/No 2 dress trousers.

7. If it's the type that I've seen people wearing, they make you look like a private in the Iraqi Defence Force circa SH, and they're dry clean only!

8. This story has been doing the rounds since we handed the bloody awful stuff in all those years ago. I'll believe it when I see it, but don't hold your breath.