Is Ashie a New Labour Employee?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Fifth_Columnist, Mar 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I ask simply because his sole function on this forum is to leap to the defence of the Party and he does so in a manner deeply reminiscent of the outpourings from the New Labour spin machine. He has racked-up a huge number of posts countering the (apparently) prevailing view that this Government is the root of all evil - usually by pointing out similar flaws in the Conservative Party. With Sven, it was clear that he was just a bit thick, but Ashie is too smooth, too slick with his responses. His latest attempts to take the sting out of the Daniel Hannan speech in the Euro Parliament are a case in point.

It strikes me that a Stalinist party, rapidly losing its grip on the electorate, spotted the unmediated comment from within one of its 'own' (but inherently distrusted) organisations, is very likely to have devoted resources to take the sting out of some of the discussion. This will have become all the more important as increasing numbers of journalists see ARRSE as a source of investigative material.

So - is there an enterprising investigative journalist out there who would care to try to establish whether Ashie is a New Labour apparatchik (or, indeed, a number of New Labour apparatchiks)?

2. No idea
    However, even Ashie does not believe some of the dross he spous on here, presumably his intend is often just to be a troll

3. Defending ZANU Labour is impossible. Under them the sh*t really is hitting the fan and can be seen to be doing so. Only a blind, swamping, halotosis riddeen, inept, sleaze ridden old fart wouldn't be able to see....hang on...I've got it, Ashie is Gordon Brown.

4. As I cant be bothered going through my suspicions again here are my theories that I posted elsewhere on the matter

Ashie's appearance on ARRSE coincided with the setting up of LabourList.A rather obscure online thinktank/blog set up by one Derek Draper (a previously shamed Blairite spin doctor),presumably in response to the plethora of right leaning blogs/sites such as Order-Order,Iain Dale,Conservativehome ect.

It would seem that as in all things Labour arrived at the online 'party' late having previously relied on the MSM and the BBC in particular,to get their party message across.However times have moved on and those with any genuine interest in current affairs have long since ditched the BBC as a credible and objective news source.And so as the new political battleground has emerged online.

Ashie comes across as a typical automaton of the Labour online rebuttle service,evasive in genuine debate,ready to smear at the drop of a hat,yet incapable of prosecuting real arguement.

The most telling sign is 'Ashies' choice of phrase in certain situations.Most notably for me the phrase 'I simply do not accept...' gives an insight into Ashie's true nature,its straight out of the No 10 bunker itself.

I would usually welcome a poster with Ashies background,as I do in my more charitable momments with Sven,as without them it would be a little stagnent around here.But as the weight of doubt builds against Ashie's genuine nature I am finding his SOP's more and more grating.

And I would have to disagree that Ashie is too smooth or slick in debate as his/her methods of spin are quite old hat,again this leads me more towards the conclusion that Ashie is Labour troll bringing a knife to a gunfight.

5. Sorry I-C-H! I hadn't seen your already-posted suspicions (I have only had intermittent access for a while) and I have clearly been slow coming to my conclusions. Given that Ashie appears not to be serving (or to have ever served), and his posts are exclusively in defence of the Government, a functionary (or functionaries) from the spin department would be my guess. And I agree, Draper is unpleasant enough to be behind this.

6. He couldn't been working in the ZARNU Neu Arbiet Central Office could he?

And they say the Taliban are good at Brian Washing. . . .

7. LabourList is an absolute joke and shows how Dolly Draper and ZANU Labour have failed to grasp the "Blog" concept.

8. 'Brian' Washing?

9. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

the Brian is the natural enemy of AQ. havent you heard?

10. "He's not the Messiah,he's a very naughty boy".............etc,etc.

11. If he is, that is another very good reason not to vote Labour!

12. "
    Ashie's appearance on ARRSE coincided with the setting up of LabourList.A rather obscure online thinktank/blog set up by one Derek Draper (a previously shamed Blairite spin doctor),presumably in response to the plethora of right leaning blogs/sites such as Order-Order,Iain Dale,Conservativehome ect."

Good point - his attack on the Hannan speech mirrored almost word for word the "critique" that was placed on the labourlist site. Given the hugely aggressive tactics employed by Draper (he was banned by Twitter) and the way in which Labour use the site to try and promote their message, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Ashie was affiliated with LabourList.

Sven may be a fool, but I understand that he is 'real' in the sense that people on the site have met him and he does have a service past. Has anyone actually met Ashie?

13. Whatever/Whoever Ashie is, he is annoying enough to get a bite from an awful lot of ARRSe members. Best you just ignore the Tw"t even if it is good entertainment reading his 'views' [I suspect it's why Sven has been silent for a while.... they hate it when they are ignored.]

14. Perhaps Ashie was an ACIO reject, he failed the entrance exam, so he takes it out on those who Made the Grade and did their service for Her Majesty!

If it was up to Zarnu Nue Arbiet, they would have us as a REPUBLIC!

15. It is a well known fact that Labour had activists on most internet message boards posting the party line. It was one of Alasdair Campbells
    ideas. The Tory Party probably no different. That Ashie posts NL rhetoric after 11 years is just, well ridiculous, innit?