Is Ashie a New Labour Employee?

#1
I ask simply because his sole function on this forum is to leap to the defence of the Party and he does so in a manner deeply reminiscent of the outpourings from the New Labour spin machine. He has racked-up a huge number of posts countering the (apparently) prevailing view that this Government is the root of all evil - usually by pointing out similar flaws in the Conservative Party. With Sven, it was clear that he was just a bit thick, but Ashie is too smooth, too slick with his responses. His latest attempts to take the sting out of the Daniel Hannan speech in the Euro Parliament are a case in point.

It strikes me that a Stalinist party, rapidly losing its grip on the electorate, spotted the unmediated comment from within one of its 'own' (but inherently distrusted) organisations, is very likely to have devoted resources to take the sting out of some of the discussion. This will have become all the more important as increasing numbers of journalists see ARRSE as a source of investigative material.

So - is there an enterprising investigative journalist out there who would care to try to establish whether Ashie is a New Labour apparatchik (or, indeed, a number of New Labour apparatchiks)?
 
#3
Defending ZANU Labour is impossible. Under them the sh*t really is hitting the fan and can be seen to be doing so. Only a blind, swamping, halotosis riddeen, inept, sleaze ridden old fart wouldn't be able to see....hang on...I've got it, Ashie is Gordon Brown.
 
#4
Fifth_Columnist said:
I ask simply because his sole function on this forum is to leap to the defence of the Party and he does so in a manner deeply reminiscent of the outpourings from the New Labour spin machine. He has racked-up a huge number of posts countering the (apparently) prevailing view that this Government is the root of all evil - usually by pointing out similar flaws in the Conservative Party. With Sven, it was clear that he was just a bit thick, but Ashie is too smooth, too slick with his responses. His latest attempts to take the sting out of the Daniel Hannan speech in the Euro Parliament are a case in point.

It strikes me that a Stalinist party, rapidly losing its grip on the electorate, spotted the unmediated comment from within one of its 'own' (but inherently distrusted) organisations, is very likely to have devoted resources to take the sting out of some of the discussion. This will have become all the more important as increasing numbers of journalists see ARRSE as a source of investigative material.

So - is there an enterprising investigative journalist out there who would care to try to establish whether Ashie is a New Labour apparatchik (or, indeed, a number of New Labour apparatchiks)?
As I cant be bothered going through my suspicions again here are my theories that I posted elsewhere on the matter

insert-coin-here said:
I was thinking about this and have a few ideas.

A.Ashie is a journo,either left wing and posts on ARRSE in the deluded hope that relentlessly plugging the party line will demoralise the military community into abject apathy.

Or a rightwing journo firing a few ZNL broadsides our way in the hope that we will write his articles for him (I have seen plenty recently that could of come directly from the pages of ARRSE,even Hannans speech.)

B.A sad sven type character,living out unfulfilled political aspirations online and basking in the attention that he could not command in real life.

C.A Labour concillor or mouthpiece of some sort using ARRSE as a training ground to see where his real life arguements/counter arguements will lead.

Ashie denies that this is him.

D.Part of Derek 'I really did get a top MA at Berkley and my wife is deffo not shagging around' Drapers online rebuttle service.And like the WWII japanese soldier no-one has told him that the war is already lost.

E.PTP having a wheeze at everyone else's expense.

It is not beyond the realms of possibiliy that Ashie is a genuine,yet deluded,member of the public.....somthing tells me this is not the case though.
Ashie's appearance on ARRSE coincided with the setting up of LabourList.A rather obscure online thinktank/blog set up by one Derek Draper (a previously shamed Blairite spin doctor),presumably in response to the plethora of right leaning blogs/sites such as Order-Order,Iain Dale,Conservativehome ect.

It would seem that as in all things Labour arrived at the online 'party' late having previously relied on the MSM and the BBC in particular,to get their party message across.However times have moved on and those with any genuine interest in current affairs have long since ditched the BBC as a credible and objective news source.And so as the new political battleground has emerged online.

Ashie comes across as a typical automaton of the Labour online rebuttle service,evasive in genuine debate,ready to smear at the drop of a hat,yet incapable of prosecuting real arguement.

The most telling sign is 'Ashies' choice of phrase in certain situations.Most notably for me the phrase 'I simply do not accept...' gives an insight into Ashie's true nature,its straight out of the No 10 bunker itself.

I would usually welcome a poster with Ashies background,as I do in my more charitable momments with Sven,as without them it would be a little stagnent around here.But as the weight of doubt builds against Ashie's genuine nature I am finding his SOP's more and more grating.

And I would have to disagree that Ashie is too smooth or slick in debate as his/her methods of spin are quite old hat,again this leads me more towards the conclusion that Ashie is Labour troll bringing a knife to a gunfight.
 
#5
Sorry I-C-H! I hadn't seen your already-posted suspicions (I have only had intermittent access for a while) and I have clearly been slow coming to my conclusions. Given that Ashie appears not to be serving (or to have ever served), and his posts are exclusively in defence of the Government, a functionary (or functionaries) from the spin department would be my guess. And I agree, Draper is unpleasant enough to be behind this.
 
#6
Fifth_Columnist said:
Given that Ashie appears not to be serving (or to have ever served), and his posts are exclusively in defence of the Government, a functionary (or functionaries) from the spin department would be my guess.
He couldn't been working in the ZARNU Neu Arbiet Central Office could he?

And they say the Taliban are good at Brian Washing. . . .
 
#7
insert-coin-here said:
.... LabourList
LabourList is an absolute joke and shows how Dolly Draper and ZANU Labour have failed to grasp the "Blog" concept.
 
#8
CharlieBubbles said:
Fifth_Columnist said:
Given that Ashie appears not to be serving (or to have ever served), and his posts are exclusively in defence of the Government, a functionary (or functionaries) from the spin department would be my guess.
He couldn't been working in the ZARNU Neu Arbiet Central Office could he?

And they say the Taliban are good at Brian Washing. . . .
'Brian' Washing?
 

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
#9
the Brian is the natural enemy of AQ. havent you heard?
 
#12
"
Ashie's appearance on ARRSE coincided with the setting up of LabourList.A rather obscure online thinktank/blog set up by one Derek Draper (a previously shamed Blairite spin doctor),presumably in response to the plethora of right leaning blogs/sites such as Order-Order,Iain Dale,Conservativehome ect."

Good point - his attack on the Hannan speech mirrored almost word for word the "critique" that was placed on the labourlist site. Given the hugely aggressive tactics employed by Draper (he was banned by Twitter) and the way in which Labour use the site to try and promote their message, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Ashie was affiliated with LabourList.

Sven may be a fool, but I understand that he is 'real' in the sense that people on the site have met him and he does have a service past. Has anyone actually met Ashie?
 
#13
Whatever/Whoever Ashie is, he is annoying enough to get a bite from an awful lot of ARRSe members. Best you just ignore the Tw"t even if it is good entertainment reading his 'views' [I suspect it's why Sven has been silent for a while.... they hate it when they are ignored.]
 
#14
Perhaps Ashie was an ACIO reject, he failed the entrance exam, so he takes it out on those who Made the Grade and did their service for Her Majesty!

If it was up to Zarnu Nue Arbiet, they would have us as a REPUBLIC!
 
#15
jim30 said:
"
Ashie's appearance on ARRSE coincided with the setting up of LabourList.A rather obscure online thinktank/blog set up by one Derek Draper (a previously shamed Blairite spin doctor),presumably in response to the plethora of right leaning blogs/sites such as Order-Order,Iain Dale,Conservativehome ect."

Good point - his attack on the Hannan speech mirrored almost word for word the "critique" that was placed on the labourlist site. Given the hugely aggressive tactics employed by Draper (he was banned by Twitter) and the way in which Labour use the site to try and promote their message, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Ashie was affiliated with LabourList.

Sven may be a fool, but I understand that he is 'real' in the sense that people on the site have met him and he does have a service past. Has anyone actually met Ashie?

It is a well known fact that Labour had activists on most internet message boards posting the party line. It was one of Alasdair Campbells
ideas. The Tory Party probably no different. That Ashie posts NL rhetoric after 11 years is just, well ridiculous, innit?
 
#16
12volts said:
jim30 said:
"
Ashie's appearance on ARRSE coincided with the setting up of LabourList.A rather obscure online thinktank/blog set up by one Derek Draper (a previously shamed Blairite spin doctor),presumably in response to the plethora of right leaning blogs/sites such as Order-Order,Iain Dale,Conservativehome ect."
 
#17
12volts said:
jim30 said:
"
Ashie's appearance on ARRSE coincided with the setting up of LabourList.A rather obscure online thinktank/blog set up by one Derek Draper (a previously shamed Blairite spin doctor),presumably in response to the plethora of right leaning blogs/sites such as Order-Order,Iain Dale,Conservativehome ect."

Good point - his attack on the Hannan speech mirrored almost word for word the "critique" that was placed on the labourlist site. Given the hugely aggressive tactics employed by Draper (he was banned by Twitter) and the way in which Labour use the site to try and promote their message, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Ashie was affiliated with LabourList.

Sven may be a fool, but I understand that he is 'real' in the sense that people on the site have met him and he does have a service past. Has anyone actually met Ashie?

It is a well known fact that Labour had activists on most internet message boards posting the party line. It was one of Alasdair Campbells
ideas. The Tory Party probably no different. That Ashie posts NL rhetoric after 11 years is just, well ridiculous, innit?
I might have been taken out off context. I mean to say Ashie talks B0llocks.l
 

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
#18
but Ashie is too smooth, too slick with his responses. His latest attempts to take the sting out of the Daniel Hannan speech in the Euro Parliament are a case in point.
Are you sure about this? :)
 
#19
If Ashie was a Liabour plant, he's been spectacularly unsuccessful!

Since reading his gut churning propaganda, I have been pushed even further away from ZANU Liabour than I ever was before.

Maybe he's actually a Tory plant, designed to annoy us into voting for anyone EXCEPT Liabour.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Semper_Flexibilis Current Affairs, News and Analysis 34
P The Intelligence Cell 15
M Aviation 2

Similar threads

Latest Threads