Is arrse the new way of brown nosing?

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by the_real_yassa, Nov 19, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having read a number of comments on various threads it seems that there are people that need to get some VFT - valuable face time (arrse lick'in) in, even when online.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!! :oops:

STOP it..................... :D
  2. There is alot of banter in the sigs thread from people who obviously know each other - why not? Its a good thing.

I cant say i've come across obvious brown nosing, maybe you should name and shame some user id's yassa.

3. they know who they are!!!!
  4. msr

msr LE

5. I couldn't disagree with Yassa more. This is an important forum where all comments are valued and bring benefit.

P.S. If there are any high ranking officers, preferably in my reporting chain, who would like to compliment me on my reasoned and articulate comment please contact me at the following address:
  6. If someone is of the arrse licking type they are going to do it by any means they can and by any medium. You can't stop it, whether it's buying beers in the mess for select people, laughing at crap jokes and always saying yes to stupid ideas from the top.

If you try to say no brown nosing, you may be able to put people off blatant 'agreeing no matter what' in posts, but you can brown nose just as effectivly by not posting and 'not dis-agreeing'?

The slimy b4stards get everywhere and you'll never stop them :?
  7. Eh? Do you mean that...gulp...there are powerful and influential people on this'm awestruck!

You know something, Real Yasser, one could almost believe that you're in a place where one could easily be privy to mind-numbing, arrse-licking, important information. Wow...can I have your autograph? I want to forge it to get cashback next time I'm in B****ford. :twisted:

Er...presumably these posts get attached to your folder on the promotion boards?

Ah...VFT...what a great thread. ......think I'll get little CD business cards made up "obnoxious b'stard - have USB memory stick will travel" :?
  8. Poison Dwarf,
    I can see it bites somewhat at it being suggested that you have your name engraved on the bottom of your boots. I am however glad to see you’re back to your old self; I see that SMS has over ridden the desire for VFT (I believe this abbreviation stands for Valuable Face Time and is referred to as a Skidism, although the reason for which escapes me) or its just embarrassment over being caught with your nose in a lovely shade of brown.
  9. Do we not think that its a little close to the mark. I was making a general comment and not aiming it at any one person. But now you come to mention it Liberty, you have been doing a little yourself 8O :D
  10. Yassa,
    ‘’Is cot was right-‘and cot to mine, ’said Files-on-Parade.
    ‘’E’s sleepin’ out an’ far to-night,’ the Colour-Sergeant said.
    ‘I’ve drunk ‘is beer a score o’ times, ‘said Files-on-Parade.
    ‘’E’s drinkin’ bitter beer alone, ‘the Colour-Sergeant said.
    They are hangin’ Danny Deever, you must mark ‘im to ‘is place,
    For ‘e shot a comrade sleepin’ - you must look ‘im in the face;
    Nine ‘undred of ‘is county an’ the Regiment’s disgrace,
    While they‘re hangin’ Danny Deever in the mornin’.
  11. :D You can't catch me!!!!!! :D
  12. Real yassa 'It would be a great reform in politics if wisdom could be made to spread as easily and as rapidly as folly'......with apologies to Winston Churchill :!:
  13. Yasser,
    I have just looked up VFT in the dictionary and there seems to be a picture of you!
    I recommend more needless slides in the future.
  14. It wasn't me that picked that subject!!!