Is ARRSE infected?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by seaweed, Apr 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Some ARRSE threads today are causing my Microsoft Security Essentials package to throw a wobbly and report a threat which it then 'cleans'. Kabbardar.

Threat is called Trojan:JS/IframeRef

2. Hmmm just checked my system and nothing untoward reported.

3. That is unsurprising as your PC has every disease known to mankind, plenty yet unknown to mankind and surely, BSE, bird flu, hay fever and Aids to name but a few. I blame the sanitary conditions in which you dwell and all the 'birds' on your hard disk.

• Like Like x 2
  4. What threads in particular?

5. Not sure I'd install any software of which the name started with "Microsoft Security".

We're firewalled and antivirused up to the eyeballs here, and there haven't been any sirens or flashing lights.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thank you for your few kind words presumably typed on your laptop and sent via 3g from a gents toilet cubicle on Clapham Common. Don't forget your suppositories, some of the ethnics you consort with are big in the muscle department. But you already know this.

On a more serious note, I have scanned my system with all the usual high tech stuff as has been advised on other threads within arrse (not viceroys arrse I hasten to add) and have found nothing untoward.

7. M$ Essentials throwing up a false positive over one of the adverts?

8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I'd need a link to investigate this, and ideally the full message. I would say that it's very unlikely that it's us (Linux server, no incoming email), and much more likely that it's your machine.

9. I'm using MSE and it's quiet as a mouse at the moment.

10. Drama is at your end... whed did you last up date your Java programme? Clean out your java and temp internet cache.

Failing taht you're MSE is dodgy... is it all spelt right?

Or there are more people on this site who aren't reporting htis drama, or their AV isn't very good. (could be a trojan through the adverts as mentioned above).

I am not seeing this warning... and I am AVd up to the nutsack.

11. MSE pinged a thread on here earlier for me too.

12. If you have cleared your Java and internet caches and Trojan:JS/IframeRef still pops up every hour like clockwork. Then you need to perform the following:

Remove the entire folder with the rd /s command.

Click on command prompt; execute "cd" to gain access to the Content.IE folder; execute "RD /S WK4THYW4".
    Reboot your computer machine, this should prevent communications between the infected folder and the rogue server.
    If you have not been able to clear your caches download and install this programme.

13. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

New today. It isn't a regular occurrence ('clockwork') but turned up on the Arrsers Own Photos thread. Hasn't happened with any other websites.

14. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

PS Just went to the same thread, same thing happened. MSE offers Clean Your Computer? button, click this, reports cleaned, job done (I hope).