Is anything on Channel 4 not shit?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by cheesypoptart, Nov 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Before I left for America, I used to watch C4 all the time. Now I've been back for three months and I've realised I haven't watched a singular minute of Channel 4 programming.

Come on chaps, there must be something good left amongst all the 'Supersize vs Superskinny', 'Ruth Watson's Hotel Rescue', 'The Boy Who Was Born a Girl', 'Jess: Britain's Youngest Sleep Walker', 'Embarrassing Bodies', 'Supernanny', 'Come Dine With Me', 'Wife Swap', 'How to Look Good Naked', 'Greatest Comedy Catchphrases'...holy fcuk, there's no end to this list of crap.

C'mon, there must be something worth watching on that blasted channel!
  2. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Channel 4 news, True Blood, and until recently Generation Kill was pretty ammusing even if it was septic as anything

Edit to add The F Word. Not only does it give cooking ideas (have been looking for an Indian type fish dish that actually had some chilli in it :wink: ) but the farm bits with Janic Street Porter are perfectly designed to piss off the veggie brigade
  3. Generation kill was rather good, sadly that came to an end last week. Go buy it on box set, it'll distract you from whinging for a few hours. Downside is you cannot leave a room without saying "Oscar Mike".
  4. Just watch E4.....all their good programs go on there! Skins, Shameless, peep show, inbetweeners, misfits etc etc etc
  5. Simpsons, River Cottage, Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. Come Dine With Me is one of the finest comedy programmes on TV
  6. Channel 4 News - more in depth than any other news programme.

Jamie Oliver, River Cottage, The F Word - diverse cookery programmes.

4Music - at least there is a music programme highlighting some good bands which you might never get to see live.

The odd historical, political, environmental documentary that grabs me.

They might put a good film on that I haven't seen or would like to see again.
  7. Time Team
  8. You could extend the comment to pretty much any channel.
    Though Quest is alright, provided you like mythbusters