Is any sort of caution/conviction in the past enough to put off recruiters?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by abcdefghijklmnop, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently in my 2nd year of an Engineering degree, and imagine that I will graduate with at least a 2:1 at the ripe old age of 26. When I was 18 I got into a stupid situation at my work and without going into detail got a police caution for Supplying Class A Drugs, which lasted for five years and has now expired.

Am I on a hiding to nothing to even walk through the Careers Office door? I know I could probably get into the ranks with this hinderance but I believe I would have as good a chance as any at Sandhurst without this damn thing hovering over me.
  2. Supplying class A drugs?

I'll be brutally honest and say I can't see that going to well with the recruiters. But the only way you'll find out is by asking.... pop in, they can only say no.
  3. You may struggle, although there's a fortune to be made if you start banging Chang out in an infantry battalion.
  4. the more I think about it, I can't see how I could ever explain it properly, even if it was only a caution.

oh well....

a job's a job. Maybe the TA will take me, try and sneak in that route....
  5. If you are thinking of army life as just a job I'd reconsider or prepare to be sorely disappointed. In terms of your brushes with the law, I suggest that regardless of whether a conviction or caution is spent or not the fact that the is even reasonable cause to think that you have at any time dealt drugs (especially class A) makes you unworthy to hold a commission. In short you have forfeited your right to be an officer by demonstrating that you cannot or choose not to uphold the sufficient standards. In short you should have thought about the consequences...etc.

Same goes for the TA option. The same selection standards apply (or at least should do) to TA officers.

Summary, don't bother, you do not meet the criteria.
  6. As much as I dislike the STABS, even they have the common decency to decline the service of a druggy ****.
  7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

You've blown any chance of serving, Your type are not required, but I do suspect a wah.
  8. It is not just the nature of the caution in the military you are likely to be posted abroad and many counties, America for instance, will not let you enter.
  9. No thanks - feck orf!

(Why would you think that the TA would take drug dealers if the Regs won't?)
  10. And don't forget to bring along some poppers for the mortar platoon...
  11. Drug dealers carry guns and so do Soldiers but never the twain should meet......

Wah ?

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE
  12. Oh I don't know. A few drug dealers could do with meeting the army.

"200 rounds, in your own time."
  13. I already said as much, no need for the hyperbole, jack.

I've probably done more exciting things on a night in than you have in the Forces mate, lol. **** yourself.
  14. What, a line of coke and a few pills? Grippingly exciting. Nice attitude you've got there.
  15. So why ask then you massive spunk trumpet?
    Clearly what you get up to on a night out shows you to be the sort of **** the services don't need. We require MEN who are loyal, intelligent and able to follow orders. Not some crack smoking ejit who would suck a cock for a fix.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.