Is any one weraing these on MTP

They are more expensive than that from the same seller on EBAY but feedback on the Rank Slides is excellent, have bought some other Multicam Stuff (things no one else is doing) from them with no problems but am looking at UK Tactical for some kit. One thing I have just purchased is the Vanguard Multicam pegasus webbing from none of the above mentioned sellers and I must say although a bit slow to get to me was excellent. Think the rank slides are top notch though gear spotter and the feedback seems to back it up

From the phot on another thread of the 40 Cdo CO (MTP) taking over from a Rifles CO (des DPM), it looks like OG rankslides are back in vogue.

Voltiguer said:
From the phot on another thread of the 40 Cdo CO (MTP) taking over from a Rifles CO (des DPM), it looks like OG rankslides are back in vogue.
Isn't that, OG rankslide, just a bootie officer thing?

RIGRAT said:
Voltiguer said:
Nope, the WFRs used to do it, and the GH. I couldn't say if they still do it in their new guises, but... I can't recall anyother units who do it but I recall others may.

Re 'development' of rank slides. What exactly needs developing in a rank slide? It is simply 6inches by 4 inches of matierial , sewn in a loop, with a badge of rank embroidered on it. Exactly the same as teh existing two/three models but in MTP.

Boxy said:
My lot should wear OG in barracks and DPM in the field,3 Rifles wear OG at all ranks.
R WELSH have OG with black markings for offrs and DPM with gold markings for the ranks. Ex-Stabs idea is a good shout tho!

chocolate_frog said:
RIGRAT said:
Voltiguer said:
Nope, the WFRs used to do it, and the GH. I couldn't say if they still do it in their new guises, but... I can't recall anyother units who do it but I recall others may.
Yes, I thought I had seen OG rankslides about the place. Sure I've saw RA officers wearing them aswell, amongst other untis.

Agree with ex stab to an extent. Last tour I was on, me and the other lance jacks in our troop stuck the green square style patches onto the issue desert rankslides. Worked against us sometimes as we stood out a bit from other lance jacks and full screws, but was better all round

As a WO1 i don't really care about seeing anyones rank, those who i need to be aware of i know and not really concerned if i don't salute some officer cause with my 40 yr old eyes i can't see his black rank insignia against his dpm background.(chod)

However for the more junior soldiers i think it would be beneficial if rank slides where more obvious.

Lets face it, on ops most of us hide our rank anyway when needs must.

OG with black rank works for me.

We could go back to the days of lightweights and OG shirts. You could always tell who was who with a set of big white bananas on your arm. We could see a return with barrack dress / Fas.

DrStealth said:
Harry Paget Flashman said:
I've seen slides with badges applied in some kind of rubber material. Where do they fit into the big picture?
thats so you cant slip away from the CSM when he grips you.
As bought from Survival Aids? I'm sad enough to have a set of these, though mainly out of curiosity! The pips are incredibly tactile and almost nipple-ish to the touch...

I have just put the desert backed 'black-rat' brig TRFs onto my desert DPM but the usual green ones onto the MTP. The same goes for rank slides, although as RE, I usually wear OG ones anyway.
As for the company mentioned at the start of this thread, Contact Left, I have baught a Multicam daysack from them and to be honest there is not that much of a difference...well not enough to be overtly noticable.

Latest Threads