Is another Labour MP about to get his collar felt ??

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Hootch, Sep 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guido strikes again

Breaking: Electoral Commission Investigating £5000 Bung-for-Din - Guy Fawkes' blog

Breaking: Electoral Commission Investigating £5000 Bung-for-Din

Ealing MP Virendra Sharma when accused of taking a bung for a dinner celebrating his victory protested:

“I vehemently deny the false allegations that you refer to in your email and that have appeared in various media. I have never received a donation from Indiatourism and have therefore never been liable to make a declaration in the Parliamentary register of members’ interests.”

Subsequent to this blanket denial Guido obtained the cheque below from India Tourism made out to the Monsoon Banqueting Suites in Southall where the celebration dinner was held:

Accepting donations from foreign sources is illegal under the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000. Gotcha!

Guido has a scan of a cheque (from the State Bank of India, drawn against India Tourism, to pay for pissup for a British Member of Parliament).

Why are these MPs so thick??

Attached Files:

2. Because they live in a magical bubble outside of the real world and most of them have the life experience of a 12 year old girl.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Will he get an ASBO and have to wear a tag?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. There is NO chance that this man will be charged with any offence - vide Mrs. Uddin. Same reason.
  5. The fact that a cheque from India Tourism made out to Monsoon exists does not prove that the 5K was used to fund said celebration- there is a link missing in the chain. I'm not saying he's innocent but it doesn't seem to link together quite enough.

And no, I'm not a lawyer or in the filth- it's just my opinion.