Discussion in 'Gunners' started by 5829black, Jul 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

As im on the verge of transfering to 32 Regt as the prospect of leaving my cushy lifestyle as AGC(SPS) is my main

I will be transfering as a Cpl - Bdr but im really worried about the fish out of water problem!!!

Not worried about any tours as im immune now just the job as a Bdr in a UAV Bty.

As you can imagine life will be completly different for me and my family so your help in this matter means the most to me, so thanks in advance.

2. go and play on the ultimate playstation
  3. Thanks for your reply.

Do you play with the ultimate playstation? whats the day to day grind like?

4. You are joining the finest in the Royal Regiment and that's saying something, but then I am biased.

PM or ring me and I'll give you a steer on what to expect.

5. I applaud the decision to transfer from any capbadge to the mighty Royal Regiment.

How long will it take you to convert your trades etc? Or are you chopping straight across?
  6. Congratulations in joining the Royal Regiment but be aware that the regiment you are joining are akin to air defenders thus resulting in 'hands that do dishes are as soft as your face' type jibes although as a clerk you should be used to it.
  7. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

That said though 32 Regt RA are possibly the busiest Regiment operationally,
  8. There are several NCO's within 32 who have 'Re-Badged' None of them seem to have had any problems thus far. As long as you keep a sense of humour, (my god you'll need one.) Yes we are busy but who isn't nowdays. Op tours come round on fairly regularly but we also try and entertain and make the most of down time when not on ex, PDT, leave etc. Trying to steer away from the mundane garage based work ethos and inject some fun and interest into everyday life. If your local then a visit to one of the Batteries and a chat with some of the JNCO's would be well worth it. Happy to answer any questions if u PM me. (non biased opinion I promise!!!)
    Cheers and good luck
  9. Not from a UAV background, but seems to be the way forward and as GQ says 32 Regt are the busiest Regiment operationally. Gunners convert Air defenders to UAV so you should not have a problem in doing something new. Good luck

10. GunnerQuadrant

yes 32 were the busiest regt of them all but since 12 and 47 are helping out they have carmed down.

16 are now the busiest having a bty in iraq the falkland islands and troops in afgan.
  11. GunnersQuadrant

I would not really count this although if you must :D
  12. Blacky,

What Bty are you off to?
  13. Really, so 1 sub unit in 2 theatres having only 12 months in between tours now and 18 after is calm. I dare you to tell Misses Snakes.
  14. GunnersQuadrant

I must apologise Snakes, the whole of 1st Artillery Bde is busy with the 2 busiest Regiments in the Royl Regiment being 32nd AND 5th
  15. If you want time off for good behaviour join a Gun Regt (Just not the OPs (or FSTs if you want))