Is a transfer possible?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Roscoe1724, Nov 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Is it possible for a regular soldier (Armourer) to transfer to the TA?

    Would they have to serve their minimum term first?

    Thank you in advance for all replies.
  2. So far as I am aware, you cannot transfer directly to the TA, but instead discharge completely, then join up again. The time frame between the two, time served, and the trade you transfer to, will dictate you keeping your rank, etc or not.
    That is just as far as I know, by the way, not gospel- I was looking into it when I was going to get out a couple of years ago.
  3. Would imagine you "transfer" by finding a unit to take you as such.... and then sign off. Or sign off and take your chances.

    No unit or specialist pool available though...... would mean no more career or start affresh as a new trade.
  4. Thanks for the replies folks, much appreciated!
  5. PM sent!!