Is A Shady Organisation Trying To Buy HMG

RiflemanTom

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Why has this news item died out? I think that that's even stranger that the fact that it happened in the first place!

So, just to remind you of what happened.....

Lord James of Blackheath has stood up in Parliament and blown the news that a shady organisation known as "Foundation X" has offered £22 Billion quid to HMG to help get it out of the red. Evidently "no strings attached".

Did somebody just try to buy the British government? - Charlie's Diary

Can 'Foundation X' save the British economy? – Telegraph Blogs

This is like some sort of mad Illuminati/ David Icke story !!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well if the gubment don't want it I could put it to good use ('good use' being a relative term which I will only discuss after the moolah is deposited in my Nigerian bank account).

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Hmmm, sounds like the Honourable Lord has a penchant for bridges, or perhaps institutions . . . . . . didn't we have a PM with 'issues'?

Foundation X = Chinese Government.

If I disappear then you know I'm ri.............................................

Let me guess, is Foundation X run from an extinct volcano in the middle of the Pacific by a gray-suited man with a fondness for Persian cats?

We could certainly do with being run by a Bond-esque supervillain for a bit. I'm fed up with trains that don't run on time, for one thing.

RiflemanTom

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Would they accept the offer? If so, what would happen?
Well according to "Foundation X" nothing, as it's supposedly no strings attached, and interest free. I take it that this is also the case for the further £17 Billion that they say they will also release to HMG by Christmas if the initial £5 Billion is accepted.

All very weird. But, if it's actually true then who are "Foundation X". Who's currently got £22 Billion to chuck about interest free in order to "do good deeds"?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well according to "Foundation X" nothing, as it's supposedly no strings attached, and interest free. I take it that this is also the case for the further £17 Billion that they say they will also release to HMG by Christmas if the initial £5 Billion is accepted.

All very weird. But, if it's actually true then who are "Foundation X". Who's currently got £22 Billion to chuck about interest free in order to "do good deeds"?
It must be a consortium of the big banks. They are the ones that got all the money in the first place and now don't know what to do with it. Goes against their grain to hand back an interest free loan so they have formed Foundation X.

Here's a bit of useless information:
A Billion Quid, In ten pound notes. Stacked neatly on top of each other:

Would be 6,300 miles high.

Now that's a biiig bag.

wedge_cadman

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If it's the banks then it's cheaper to give the money to HMG than pay the future bank tax to be imposed on them.
If it's the Chinese then I look forward to reviewing my copy of the little red book we will all be issued with. ;-)

Let me guess, is Foundation X run from an extinct volcano in the middle of the Pacific by a gray-suited man with a fondness for Persian cats?

We could certainly do with being run by a Bond-esque supervillain for a bit. I'm fed up with trains that don't run on time, for one thing.
"Do you expect me to talk?!"

"No, Mr Cameron - I expect you to DIE!"

RiflemanTom

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
It must be a consortium of the big banks. They are the ones that got all the money in the first place and now don't know what to do with it. Goes against their grain to hand back an interest free loan so they have formed Foundation X.
Good guess, but the £ Billions they're talking about wouldn't be in cash, which really has no value as HMG could print as much of that as it liked (and has done). They're talking about gold bullion.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Good guess, but the £ Billions they're talking about wouldn't be in cash, which really has no value as HMG could print as much of that as it liked (and has done). They're talking about gold bullion.
Well, in that case, check out who bought all the cheap gold that Paw Broon sold off when Labour came in to power.

'Shady Organisations' tend to be ruthlessly efficient with a penchant for making a profit........sounds good to me. And they would increase the 'geezers' who handle bad debt manangement by about 20 Battalions.

Maybe the Septics have decided to cut out the middle men and just buy themselves a 51st State?

Nah...the Yanks have too much sense to waste that kind of money on us.

I wonder if he was just careless or the mention of the Vatican was some kind of hint? Coincides with the Pope's visit rather nicely.

DC

"No, Mr Cameron - I expect you to DIE!"

"Actually yes, Mr Cameron - I expect you to do nothing but talk!"

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It's that bloody Cecil again -

To and for the establishment, promotion and development of a Secret Society, the true aim and object whereof shall be for the extension of British rule throughout the world, the perfecting of a system of emigration from the United Kingdom, and of colonisation by British subjects of all lands where the means of livelihood are attainable by energy, labour and enterprise, and especially the occupation by British settlers of the entire Continent of Africa, the Holy Land, the Valley of the Euphrates, the Islands of Cyprus and Candia, the whole of South America, the Islands of the Pacific not heretofore possessed by Great Britain, the whole of the Malay Archipelago, the seaboard of China and Japan, the ultimate recovery of the United States of America as an integral part of the British Empire, the inauguration of a system of Colonial representation in the Imperial Parliament which may tend to weld together the disjointed members of the Empire and, finally, the foundation of so great a Power as to render wars impossible, and promote the best interests of humanity.[38]
Cecil Rhodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heh, I liked the line that it was pointed out that 'this much bullion would represent more gold than has ever been mined in the entire world' for the amounts that they were talking about.

It's a hoax it would appear, by a group that has previously tried similiar things.