Is a pound plus gift aid too much to ask?

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by PANZER_SOLDAT, May 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am aiming to drag my arrse round 10 clicks of the fine streets of London in July, Combat Stress being my charity for this event. Will most likely collapse between 1km-6km with acute death (life's second certainty).
    As this is my first charity event, and if all goes to plan (between 1-6 km) my last charity event, would the kind folks of Arrse consider sponsoring me one GBP, and after considering it would they actually bloody do it....

I Thank You

Panzer Soldat

2. Well if you provided a bloody link to a JustGiving or BMyCharity page, some of us might do so! :roll: :wink:

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Been on the pop Dozy

Check below his signature :roll: :wink:

4. Some of us use work-safe mode so don't see signatures!

5. Thank you for the donation dozy, much appreciated :D

6. Mine will be there tomorrow when I have remembered to bring my card home from work and remembered the 42000000000 passwords I need to access my justgiving account. I'l try and keep the messsage suitably clean :wink:

7. Cheers T_S, well done on having ultra secure passwords,if you can't get into your account, so foiling The Crims (maybe!)

8. 305 views...one ten pound pledge (from one person) is it because people have to set up an account with justgiving that is putting people off or do you just hate the Cav :eek:)

9. I give direct to 4 charities including the one you're doing your bit for even when out of work. Occasionally I add to those donations when the someone is doing someone really "up there" as an event such as the guy who did the London Marathon in a BD suit (all 75lbs of it).

Hope this helps explain why some of those viewing might not be handing extra cash to your event.

Good luck and I hope all goes well.

10. That's fair enough Mikal, I was hoping by not asking for a large donation that more people would be willing to put their name down and not feel as though they had to make a 'significant' donation.
    If I do the run for £55 then it's £55 towards a good cause, I shall not wail or gnash my teeth!

11. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I just genuinely hadn't noticed the thread. I'll bang some cash over to you tomorrow.

12. Thanks Sixty, that would be appreciated

13. Thanks for your donation Sixty, you're a fine fella/ess!

14. Donation made mate, good luck.