Is 5 RIFLES the best battalion of the RIFLES

I have just been posted from 1 Rifles but have mates in all, Yes I did say mates hard to believe I know, they seem to sound the same, all with there own role, as we have been formed from superb regiments the maning and there atitueds are the same. The question witch is the best battalion you wont get a proper reply as we all are Extremely loyal to the battalion we are posted to, so in my case it's got to be 1 Rifles, "LOL" Swift and Bold

All you stop snorting coke... 1st & 7th are the best!... ignorant FOOLS!!!

Formed from superb regiments did you say.................................D and Ds, when have they ever been described as a superb regiment.

Back to the D and D slagging are we? and what was your original capbadge matey?

We are all infantry soldiers, we are all trained at the same place by the same people, all the officers are trained at Sandhurst by the same people so how can there be so much difference between Bns from whatever capbadge! The people were from Devon or Dorset and joined their local Infantry Regiment just like you who are obviously from Yorkshire so you joined your Local Infantry Regiment there is no difference.

I have worked with people from all three of the Battalions that formed your Regiment on courses, at the ITC and various other stages of my very long career - I've even trained people from your capbadge, there were some absolute tossers and some really top blokes (some of whom I'm still in touch after 15 years).

Slagging other units off was something people used to do years ago when people used to comment on how many they had lost in Northern Ireland - absolute bloody ignorance and it's about time backward thinking ejits actually realised this.

Oh and Max - there isn't any difference except for the role - from another proud Rifleman

I have just been posted from 1 Rifles but have mates in all, Yes I did say mates hard to believe I know, they seem to sound the same, all with there own role, as we have been formed from superb regiments the maning and there atitueds are the same. The question witch is the best battalion you wont get a proper reply as we all are Extremely loyal to the battalion we are posted to, so in my case it's got to be 1 Rifles, "LOL" Swift and Bold
I've just got posted to 5 rifles from ITC, i wanted 1 or 3 so i'm doing a PPP asap.

S

stevieni22

Come on everyone knows that the the green guards (5 and 3 Rifles) love thier bullsh.t just gotta look at 3 rifles priorty on thier tour- getting ironing boards and hair clippers to the PB's - great blokes but thier hierarchy are pants.

Steve

Swift and Bold!

Come on everyone knows that the the green guards (5 and 3 Rifles) love thier bullsh.t just gotta look at 3 rifles priorty on thier tour- getting ironing boards and hair clippers to the PB's - great blokes but thier hierarchy are pants.

Steve

Swift and Bold!
Is a PPP a simple process to get through?

S

stevieni22

Sadly you have to do 2 years oin Bn before you can do a PPP however there may be inter Bn transfers that come up in O groups you'll just have to keep your ear to the ground.

Sadly you have to do 2 years oin Bn before you can do a PPP however there may be inter Bn transfers that come up in O groups you'll just have to keep your ear to the ground.
Yeah i knew about the 2 year rule, i'll keep my ears open and see what happens.