Is 30 the end of the line

#4
yes and no. You can hold your ale better as you get older. Women are better because you are more experienced. you are better at your job, a better driver, more stamina, mental and physical. You earn more. You don't fall for the same old tricks. You aren't gripped by fashion - no need to be ashamed of the car you drive, music you like, etc. you realise what you like and what you don't like a lot better, and your opoinions tend to be more sound (largely because, another good thing, you are a better bullshi77er)

On the other hand you are never going to pull a 17 year old again unless she's a bit wierd, and it's time to realise that hangovers are worse than being gang banged by 1,2 and 3 Para.
 
#5
well i ain't got getting married or buying my own house to look forward to, so i'll just have to bung a posting preference in, see if i can bag a sunshine tour to Cyprus or Batus or summat
 
#7
Yes, Steamy and Balderdash are spot-on. Age is a just a number though Accidental-S! :) Enjoy what you know and what you've experienced until now :)

edited to add Balderdash who got his post in before this one :)
 

Pob02

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#10
Steamywindow said:
it's time to realise that hangovers are worse than being gang banged by 1,2 and 3 Para.
Probably do not want to know how Steamy knows how it feels to be gang banged by 3 Battalions of Paras . . . . 8O
 
#11
Since when was BATUS a sunshine tour? I know I haven't been there since 97 (posted to 1 UK CIV DIV in 99) and I was in 3 group. Really good crack, great bunch of blokes and fantastic travel opportunities, but not cushtie. Up the Rattlesnake Road at 0530 anyone?
 
#12
When I was 30, I dreamed of the day when I'd be 40 - and the cessation of time limits on the BFT! By the time I reached 40, the CFT had crept in. At the age of 48, I still have to do it at the same speed as an 18 year old. Why did the Army have to go PC and stamp out ageism?

Happy Birthday anyway.
 
#14
yeh agree steamy summed it up apart from not pulling younger birds. i top the 60 mark this year and last spring managed to pull a 20 year old. experience counts my friend so don,t worry about it. you can,t do anything about it other than topping yourself so like me grow old disgracefully and enjoy life without worrying. see signature
 
#15
Bollox...don't listen to these grump old farts.

The 30's are the best years...20's are for fcuking about, but you still don't know $hit really....it all comes together at 30.

30's are the new 20's :?


Well, that's what I think.
 
#17
pompey said:
Bollox...don't listen to these grump old farts.

The 30's are the best years...20's are for fcuking about, but you still don't know $hit really....it all comes together at 30.

30's are the new 20's :?


Well, that's what I think.
Bang on the mark Pompey, i feel the same. roll on the remainder of the best years.
 
#18
frankie said:
pompey said:
Bollox...don't listen to these grump old farts.

The 30's are the best years...20's are for fcuking about, but you still don't know $hit really....it all comes together at 30.

30's are the new 20's :?


Well, that's what I think.
Bang on the mark Pompey, i feel the same. roll on the remainder of the best years.

Same here...or am I just saying that coz I'm 33 and need reassuring??!!
 
#19
I've done 2 x 30 and such changes there are seem to cancel each other out. Can't do as much with ladies as before - don't want to. Can't walk as far as previously - now have a nicer car than you did then. So long as you can identify these checks and balances, age is in the mind alone. Once you can confine fears like age, you can use the kitchen chair like a lion tamer and keep them there.
Anyway - unless you are near a very tall building - there's not much you can do about it. Sir, I have no loose etc