Irritating B&Q advert on front page

Anyone else having problems with the B&Q ad on the home page? If the mouse cursor so much as touches the advert the ad expands to cover pretty much the whole screen. :x:x:x:x

There is no button on the ad to close it down or put it back to the original size.

The only way I can resume browsing is to click on the back button and then reload the page again.
:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

The bloody thing is an utter nuisance, conveniently placed (for those with big fingers) adjacent to the scroll down button. Yes, I could pay to go "Ad Free" but generally I just ignore the F******.

Is this a conspiracy between B&Q and the ad blocker company?

I'm SO pleased its not just me! I wouldn't mind if there was a little cross to click on - is this the future of pop ups?

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Anyone else having problems with the B&Q ad on the home page? If the mouse cursor so much as touches the advert the ad expands to cover pretty much the whole screen. :x:x:x:x

There is no button on the ad to close it down or put it back to the original size.

The only way I can resume browsing is to click on the back button and then reload the page again.
Apply and successfully pass the vigorous (stage one, no company tea mug level) selection to be a mod, or pay a small (or large) amount of cash money.

The site does need money to survive, hence donations and ads. You are a long time and respected member and already know this, so...

I haven't seen it today but it was an absolute Spider / @Fish and Chips of an ad yesterday doing exactly what you describe.

I just keep getting ads for Real Phillipino Brides. I've odered four so far (first three returned, as they broke within the first month).

The site is funded by ads.
I'm in work.
I have no say in the decision to have an ad blocker on the works computer, it does it for every site I use.
Saying that, I didn't have any issues earlier when using the site on my tablet at home?

Apply and successfully pass the vigorous (stage one, no company tea mug level) selection to be a mod, or pay a small (or large) amount of cash money.

The site does need money to survive, hence donations and ads. You are a long time and respected member and already know this, so...
I know - which is why I don't mind the ads, and I even occasionally read them.

However, allowing ads which completely block the screen, thus preventing further browsing seems to be taking the p*ss...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Do BandQ sell bathroom and kitchen paint:-?

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
Counterproductive for an advertiser to annoy their customers one would think? Annoys me as well.

B&who.....

I get septic orientated adverts as it must pick up my location and insults me accordingly.

It might be worth dropping an email to WCRS's Marketing Director and letting her know how the ad is intrusive, irritating and actively turns you against her client.
olenka.lawrenson@wcrs.com

I am happy to see an advert for a MacAllister Garden Shredder, just what I am after. No page take over here. Thank you B&Q and ARRSE, lang may your lumb reek.

Latest Threads