Irrelevant drivel from MNHQ thread

semper said:
Hello

I will put in my 10p worth.

I have just come back from my round the world travels, I have visited Singapore, Hong Kong, Beijing, North Korea, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Australia, Hawaii and Hollywood Los Angeles.
I will say one thing for certain, there is no country like England, which in spite of its problem is a far far better place than some countries I have been to.

Utopia is a country that does not exist.

I can say few things about Australia and New Zealand, one of the most popular destination for expats.

Australia
Pros:
laid back locals
sunny
better exchange rate
nice cities
beaches
stunning countryside
sking and sunbathing on the day
unusual animals

cons:
expensive housing
excessive heat
food more expensive especially in the outback with frieght charges added
cost of living, council tax etc more expensive in the outback
outside the cities is miles and miles of nothing
little history
moaning natives who gets p1ssed and blame the whites for their problems instead of empowering themselves, quite depressing really
lethal snakes, crocodiles, insects
low population density and long distance to other locations
suicidal kangaroos (they can smash your car up seriously)
the long distance from the UK can be psychologically difficult

all in all Australia is not a terribly interesting place to go to, I would not go back.

New Zealand
Pros:
Beautfiul countryside
Rotorua geysers is worth a look, it would take you a long time to see everything
Local Maori cuture and history is very evident also for most part integrated well
Waitangi and Russell are very interesting and green as well as historic
beautiful Kauri forest and ninety mile beach
laid back and friendly people
very clean
unusual animals
NZ is like one big parkland
good exchange rate
temperate climate

Cons:
low population density
some Maoris moan and blame the whites for their problems, depressing
expensive housing
cost of living not much different from the UK

I much prefered New Zealand to Australia and would like to go back to visit but I would not stay.

now the UK

I do know we do have problem which I am sure many of you are aware of, its too easy to look at the negative.

IMO I think the UK has these following

pros:
Lots of history, 10,000 years of it, National Trust and CADW Scottish/English Heritage has many properties for you to see.
lovely cities to see such as Oxford, Stratford upon avon, Liverpool, Chester, Bath, Wiltshire, Stonehenge, Avebury, Edinburgh, Cambridge and many many others all fanstatsic cities with 1000+ years of history
a different culture in Europe only 2+ hours flight away
a variety of folk traditions and villages & Towns no two is the same
beautiful scenery hadrians wall, peak district, south downs, white cliffs of Dover, Scottish highlands, lake district and the Welsh hills all worth going time and time again
many of its cities has a buzzing culture nightlife scene unmatched anywhere
real ale and many different types & styles
strong and resilient economy, democracy and rule of law and most importantly very stable
freedom of expression even derision of politicians without risk of immediate jail and death
good transport links and not too far from anywhere interesting due to the UK being densely populated you could manage without a car if you had to, unlike USA. Canada, Australia and New Zealand where a car is a must outside of the cities
the English language
the NHS
British Bobby

cons:
high petrol cost
high tax
uncontrolled immigration
incompetent politicians (there are some good ones but not enough)
high utility bills
culture of spin and 15 minutes of fame through Big Brother, X factor etc
yob gang sub culture
declining standards
education standards slipping

yet in spite of these problems I still love England and haing been to all these other countries round the world including USA Canada as well as Europe I have come to cherish England and I do think it is worth defending and many of the above problems are not irresolvable, they can be overcome with the right leadership and guidance as well as us Brits taking a stand and making a difference.
there are much worse countries to go to, ask yourself why do many immigrants wants to come to England and the UK if it is so crap ?

the above list of pros and cons are not complete and exhausive, they reflect my perspective which many here may share, there will be those that do not, I am British and proud of it and I look forward to coming home when I fly back.
You discovered all this on a holiday i.e a quick visit? Well who'd have thought it? I was under the impression you'd bunked up with Mr Gadd and were working your way through a delightful menu of Asian pre-pubescents.

I said "YOU DISCOVERED ALL THIS ON HOLIDAY.....................etc etc etc"

FiveAlpha said:
semper said:
Hello

I will put in my 10p worth.

I have just come back from my round the world travels, I have visited Singapore, Hong Kong, Beijing, North Korea, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Australia, Hawaii and Hollywood Los Angeles.
I will say one thing for certain, there is no country like England, which in spite of its problem is a far far better place than some countries I have been to.

Utopia is a country that does not exist.

I can say few things about Australia and New Zealand, one of the most popular destination for expats.

Australia
Pros:
laid back locals
sunny
better exchange rate
nice cities
beaches
stunning countryside
sking and sunbathing on the day
unusual animals

cons:
expensive housing
excessive heat
food more expensive especially in the outback with frieght charges added
cost of living, council tax etc more expensive in the outback
outside the cities is miles and miles of nothing
little history
moaning natives who gets p1ssed and blame the whites for their problems instead of empowering themselves, quite depressing really
lethal snakes, crocodiles, insects
low population density and long distance to other locations
suicidal kangaroos (they can smash your car up seriously)

all in all Australia is not a terribly interesting place to go to, I would not go back.

New Zealand
Pros:
Beautfiul countryside
Rotorua geysers is worth a look, it would take you a long time to see everything
Local Maori cuture and history is very evident also for most part integrated well
Waitangi and Russell are very interesting and green as well as historic
beautiful Kauri forest and ninety mile beach
laid back and friendly people
very clean
unusual animals
NZ is like one big parkland
good exchange rate
temperate climate

Cons:
low population density
some Maoris moan and blame the whites for their problems, depressing
expensive housing
cost of living not much different from the UK

I much prefered New Zealand to Australia and would like to go back to visit but I would not stay.

now the UK

I do know we do have problem which I am sure many of you are aware of, its too easy to look at the negative.

IMO I think the UK has these following

pros:
Lots of history, 10,000 years of it, National Trust and CADW Scottish/English Heritage has many properties for you to see.
lovely cities to see such as Oxford, Stratford upon avon, Liverpool, Chester, Bath, Wiltshire, Stonehenge, Avebury, Edinburgh, Cambridge and many many others all fanstatsic cities with 1000+ years of history
a different culture in Europe only 2+ hours flight away
a variety of folk traditions and villages & Towns no two is the same
beautiful scenery hadrians wall, peak district, south downs, white cliffs of Dover, Scottish highlands, lake district and the Welsh hills all worth going time and time again
many of its cities has a buzzing culture nightlife scene unmatched anywhere
real ale and many different types & styles
strong and resilient economy, democracy and rule of law and most importantly very stable
freedom of expression even derision of politicians without risk of immediate jail and death
good transport links and not too far from anywhere interesting due to the UK being densely populated you could manage without a car if you had to, unlike USA. Canada, Australia and New Zealand where a car is a must outside of the cities
the English language
the NHS
British Bobby

cons:
high petrol cost
high tax
uncontrolled immigration
incompetent politicians (there are some good ones but not enough)
high utility bills
culture of spin and 15 minutes of fame through Big Brother, X factor etc
yob gang sub culture
declining standards
education standards slipping

yet in spite of these problems I still love England and haing been to all these other countries round the world including USA Canada as well as Europe I have come to cherish England and I do think it is worth defending and many of the above problems are not irresolvable, they can be overcome with the right leadership and guidance as well as us Brits taking a stand and making a difference.
there are much worse countries to go to, ask yourself why do many immigrants wants to come to England and the UK if it is so crap ?

the above list of pros and cons are not complete and exhausive, they reflect my perspective which many here may share, there will be those that do not, I am British and proud of it and I look forward to coming home when I fly back.
You discovered all this on a holiday i.e a quick visit? Well who'd have thought it? I was under the impression you'd bunked up with Mr Gadd and were working your way through a delightful menu of Asian pre-pubescents.

I said "YOU DISCOVERED ALL THIS ON HOLIDAY.....................etc etc etc"
re my bold , I don't think insulting me in such a personal way is going to get your point across.
In public that would get you arrested.

ctauch said:
semper said:
re my bold , I don't think insulting me in such a personal way is going to get your point across.
In public that would get you arrested.
No wonder you haven't emigrated outside the UK, it would seem being a daft cloth eared kiddie fiddling cunt get's you extra protection...here in the US we get tax breaks and awards for kicking the crap out of useless twats like you.
wow such stirring words ........not, at least you are not trying to get your point across, instead you are insulting for the sake of insulting, the mark of a pack instinct, no thoughts of your own, I am not that bothered because its the internet and it is easy being brave and hard behind a firewall.

do crack on all you are doing is reinforcing the stereotype of Americans, fortunately I do know a lot of Americans, most are decent and I did nearly meet you when I was in Florida when I was near Tampa Bay and did have your contact details, but thankfully I didn't as I didn't have time.

Latest Threads