Irrationaly Irritated...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Biscuits_Brown, Apr 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. By the current series of ads that refer to cancer as though it is a person .

"Up yours cancer", "Piss off cancer", "Are you afraid yet cancer?" & "Cancer still hasn't got the message". Are examples.

I felt the need to share on the basis that a trouble shared is a trouble halved. I'm still pissed off, but hopefully some of you are now too.

With me or the ads.
  2. It is indeed rather an irritating advert.

Sent via Heliograph from Mordor
  3. I feel your pain BB. For what it's worth, at my workplace (a dental clinic) we have a water purification unit which has a poster stuck on the front saying "Please feed me salt, I get very hungry". This makes me want to stick my fingers down my throat every time I see it.

Hope this makes you feel better :)
  4. It'll grow on you. One of the lads on his tour at the maze labelled the det up.

Victor the video recorder.
    Terry the Telly
    Derek the dartboard.
    Etc, etc.

He's a WO1 now.
  5. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Life would be much more straightforward if women weren't given a say. This sort of shit is mostly down to them.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. There. That's better.
  7. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

For most dead people, dying of cancer is a sign of not dying of something else earlier.

(With sincere apologies to young people killed by cancer.)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. So true BL. On the rare occasions I visit my doctor for an "MOT" the question comes up "any history of cancer in your family". "Yes", I say, "my grandfather died from cancer of the pancreas". "How old was he?" says the doctor. "Ninety six" says I. That's usually the end of that line of questioning!
  9. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

My family medical history is Alzheimers, tinnitus and piles. If you see someone wandering round scratching his arse with one hand, finger in the other ear and asking for the 37 bus its me. Please place in the nearest Weatherspoons. Supply with real ale and gin and tonic.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. They do have their uses though. They've got a fanny AND tits. (products will vary, contents may settle during carriage, images. Are purely representative).
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I see what you did there...
  12. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

That, sir, is a work of genius.
  13. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

funny you should mention this , I have been increasingly annoyed at people smoking in cars and using their mobile at the same time also smoking in their cars with children in them.

Who died and made me in charge of peoples smoking habits I don't know .