Irrational Fears!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Moodybitch, Feb 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just discovered the official name for my fear of dwarfs is nanophobia!

At the age of 27 I can't even watch Charlie & the Chocolate Factory cos of those ferkin oompa loompa's and if I see one in the street I have to cross the road. I don't know what caused this fear but I have lived with it since a child.

My boss however, thinks its fcukin hilarious! 8O

Do any of the ARRSE members suffer from a ridiculous fear of anything?
  2. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

CLOWNS!!!!!! 8O
  3. BB, Doris 8O 8O 8O 8O
  4. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

oh yeah, them too...
  5. Oh, and I hate wooden puppets...something really sinister about them 8O
  6. Definitely clowns. I like the idea of being afraid of wooden puppets. I also used to hate going anywhere near people with really severe mental and physical disabilities. The appearance of Joey Deacon on Blue Peter was my cue to hide behind the sofa and 'want to wee'.
  7. RTFQ

Women with lots of make-up used to scare me, I think they were what I imagined witches to look like.

Quadrapleigics too, it's a terrible thing to admit, but I was young and I couldn't work out how their chairs moved and the way they looked at me side on with their head on their shoulders freaked me right out. I'm sorry, I really am. I thought they were just lying and could pop out of their chairs and "get" me at any time.
  8. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

9. There is a simple therapy for people who are scared of quadriplegics. Find one, take a deep breath and then tip him or her out of their chair and wait to see what happens. You'll soon realise that they can't actually hurt you, however frightening they look.
  10. Officers with maps, pure dread washes over me.
  11. Those Victorian dolls with the porcelain faces. Hate 'em.
  12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Little bits of metal frighten me, so much so that they've even made me move at times
  13. **Anti waaaaaaaaaaaaaah cloaking device enabled**

Joey Deacon was a poor unfortunate who was wheeled out by those do-gooders at Blue Peter when they wanted to make us kids feel guilty about life in general. Mr Deacon came with his own interpreter, the equally disturbed 'Pete', who could convert the (utterly frightening) noises that Joey made into reasonable coherent English.

**Anti waaaaaaaaaaaaaah cloaking device reactivated**
  14. open umbrellas
  15. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D top