Irony of ironies, I have the flu!

ugly

LE
Ive been feeling utter shoite since the new year, the Doc thinks I have been mismanaging my type 2 but has referred me to a neurologist next month to be safe.
I'm so weak a matelot could beat me up!

I'm just hoiking up the last remnants of a cold from last week.

Runny nose, streaming eyes and a bit of a throaty cough.

Do you think anyone had any sympathy?

Cold hearted cnuts.

So despite all the social distancing, all the PPE at work, I have come down with the flu.

Not Covid19 but just common influenza.

In fact Mrs F developed symptoms on Friday, head aches, joint pains, tiredness, the classic flu symptoms and has ongoing since then.

Amd now I have the fecking same.

And before any smart arse states Covid19, there's no fever and no cough, no other definite Covid symptoms.

Dosed up on lemsip and strepsils.

Just for completeness, Size 10, and I never borrow any money.
Flu. Pah. It’s bad AIDS and you’re doomed.

But before you go, can I have your stash of pics that you use for Scaleys fat bird thread?

Ah, the Macc Lads. First time I ever heard them was in a works car when me and one of the lads were scouting out a job. He put a CD in the car player. Laugh? I nearly crashed the fucking car. Didn't get much work done that day. Haven't laughed so loud and long for ages.

So despite all the social distancing, all the PPE at work, I have come down with the flu.

In fact Mrs F developed symptoms on Friday, head aches, joint pains, tiredness, the classic flu symptoms and has ongoing since then.

And before any smart arse states Covid19, there's no fever and no cough, no other definite Covid symptoms.

Say hi to the snail when you get at the pearly gates.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Must be bad, Mrs F has gone into full sympathy mode.
"Fecking hell, you look like shite, I'll go make up spare room for you"

Must be bad, Mrs F has gone into full sympathy mode.
"Fecking hell, you look like shite, I'll go make up spare room for you"
My mrs has been offering to make up the spare room for me since first news of a novel virus. All too enthusiastically for my liking.

Oyibo

LE

You clearly did not wash your hands for 27 seconds:

(I suspect you may be familiar with that clip, but to remind you, it is not an instructional video.)

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

Out of interest, how have you arrived at this self-diagnosis?

With "normal flu" there's usually quite severe symptoms including fever, that's what makes it flu rather than a cold.

With "normal flu" there's usually quite severe symptoms including fever, that's what makes it flu rather than a cold.
Yeah, I actually had the flu many (many) years ago. Not just a heavy cold or even man flu but the real thing. I seem to remember the headache, every joint bloody aching and the wooziness and the cough which made the joints ache even more. No runny nose or sneezing just bloody aching from head to foot.

Being just in my 20s then, I worked through it. Even though I've had mild bouts since then, nothing like that and if I got it today I'd probably kark it.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Yeah, I actually had the flu many (many) years ago. Not just a heavy cold or even man flu but the real thing. I seem to remember the headache, every joint bloody aching and the wooziness and the cough which made the joints ache even more. No runny nose or sneezing just bloody aching from head to foot.

Being just in my 20s then, I worked through it. Even though I've had mild bouts since then, nothing like that and if I got it today I'd probably kark it.

I've had flu twice. First time in 1976, then again in 1993.

Trust me, you don't forget it.

sand_rat

Old-Salt
Many moons ago 04/05 my work took me to County Durham, the works car was a Mazda 6 with climate control, as I drove along it was one minute sweating like the proverbial, the next shaking like a leaf. Got home say 2/3 hours later, went strait to bed, the missus appears about 10ish and the sheet, duvet cover, pillows etc are wet with sweat (and no I hadn't lagged), change of bedding a towel under me one on top and in the am both again wet with sweat.
That was the Thursday, back at work come the Monday.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
That's another odd thing, I was always led to believe that a fever meant skin was hot and dry, not sweating?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fairly much by a process of elimination.

No D&V so rules out a fair few options.

No respiratory issues in the slightest, although have a slightly raised temperature of 37.4. All other vital signs normal. This is a real bugger because if it increases much more it's an automatic 14 self isolation unless I can get tested for Covid19.

Very sore throat and a fair degree of lethargy.
Was feeling cold although was warm to the touch. Temperature was normal at that stage

Also can base it on others in house and their progress.

Plus I have hung around health care facilities for over the 30years!

Endoscope

War Hero

No respiratory issues in the slightest, although have a slightly raised temperature of 37.4. All other vital signs normal. This is a real bugger because if it increases much more it's an automatic 14 self isolation unless I can get tested for Covid19.

Was feeling cold although was warm to the touch. Temperature was normal at that stage

I thought the judge warned you about that?

Now remember to tell the missus bog standard blend for the toddies. Keep the malts locked away

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Now remember to tell the missus bog standard blend for the toddies. Keep the malts locked away
How dare you, I don't have any blends in the house

Latest Threads