Irony... American style.

This is a wonderfull example of why we should never trust politicans to be much more than populist prostitutes... :roll:

Texas State Lawmaker Opposing Deadly Force Bill Shoots Would-Be Thief
Monday , July 09, 2007

HOUSTON —

A state lawmaker who opposed a bill giving Texans stronger right to defend themselves with deadly force pulled a gun and shot a man he says was trying to steal copper wiring from a construction site, police said Monday.

Rep. Borris Miles told police he was fixing a leak on the second floor of the Houston house he's building Sunday night when he heard a noise downstairs and saw two men trying to steal the copper. After Miles confronted the pair, one of the men threw a pocketknife at him, Houston Police spokesman Victor Senties.

Miles, a former law enforcement officer, shot the man in the left leg, police said. The wounded suspect was being treated at a Houston hospital. Police were trying to identify the other suspect.

Charges of aggravated robbery are pending against the wounded suspect, Senties said.

Police said Miles, who is in his freshman term, is licensed to carry a concealed weapon. No charges have been filed against Miles, Senties said.

Miles, a Democrat, voted against a bill that gives Texans stronger legal right to defend themselves with deadly force in their homes, vehicles, and workplaces. The so-called "castle doctrine," passed by the Legislature this year, states that a person has no duty to retreat from an intruder before using deadly force. The law goes into effect Sept. 1.

The "castle doctrine"...I love that. You had better believe that Cuddles Towers is now the embassy of the State of Texas and as such is considered Texan sovereign soil, where the "castle doctrine" is in law.

Old saying here in the States is that your better off being judged by twelve then carried by eight...

Khyros said:
Old saying here in the States is that your better off being judged by twelve then carried by eight...
IMHO, the shooting seems to be a justified one. The suspect bought a knife to a 'gunfight.' :lol:

Anyone that pulls a knife on me, with the intent to use it, will be shot until the threat is eliminated. :x

To me a knife of any size is a dangerous weapon, that can kill you just as dead as any firearm, especially in the hands of someone that knows how to use one. (Note I carry a tactical folder as a backup.)

As for that Law Makers support of anti-firearms laws, etc. I think that is very common for politicians, that support such laws as well as a lot of celebrities, especially in Hollywood who either carry a concealed weapon or have 'bodyguards' that do. Rosie MacDonald comes to mind. :roll:

Khyros said:
Here its six! Makes a better ryhme to it too.

ENGLAND CHIEF + hi kyros 'still taking to 'Epw's'?

Suicide by Texan... :twisted:

Pity there's zero chance of the UK adopting the Castle Doctrine.

Allow law abiding citizens to kill scum in self-defence? That's just crazy talk! :x

Khyros said:
We have a similar saying except it's

Better off being judged by twelve than carried by six

But guess we don't get to eat all that texan beef. :wink:

what sort of idiot breaks into a house in texas :?

brighton hippy said:
A dead one. :twisted:

Darwinism in action.

ashford_old_school said:
Khyros said:

Pallbearers can number four to eight... depends how many folks would take offense if left out. I thought a lust for bovine flesh was something we inherited from you folks? ;)

brighton hippy said:
Certainly a pretty effective way of committing suicide. :D

Allow law abiding citizens to kill scum in self-defence? That's just crazy talk! :x[/quote]

Mate, allowed.......... but doesn't necessarily mean we don't. What do London and Manchester mean to you?

Borris Miles has just demonstrated the very same logic that demands Iran (and others) not have have the bomb, whilst the US continues to develop its own arsenal. He likes the idea that he has the 'right' and the 'power' over others, and is wetting himself about the prospect of the errosion of those rights and powers.

I'll be the Texan Consulate for the South East of England.

Now put a .45 in the diplomatic bag and I'll uphold freedom for you.

If this happened in Iraq to a tom, he would now be up in court for assault with a deadly weapon, for shooting the suspect as the knife had been thrown and was no longer the threat. Crazy justice eh? :x

Not that ironic really. The guy opposed deadly force and only shot the burglar in the leg!

Thereby upholding his own internal logic!

Good drills though.

Over here the shooter would be banged up and the burglar would be suing for loss of earnings!! :x

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
If you've got a dead burglar in your house, and it was you wot deaded 'im, then who's to say how violent said corpse was or wasn't before you created it?

Simple imposition of suitable sharp bladed knife from cutlery drawer, with requisite fingerprints, followed by a quick smash-myself-off-some-hall-walls jape and job done - reasonable self defense - allegedly.

(I would not personally recommend such action as it would be illegal!!)

I'm starting to hear some reports on other websites I visit that the suspect threw the knife at the Texan. Of course if this is true, once the knife left the suspects hand he would be unarmed and the reason for shooting the suspect would be gone. (Self-Defence.) According to reports the knife missed! I'll try and find a link to a media report with more details.

OK! Here's the update.:

Story with thrown knife.:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288737,00.html

His polictical add

http://www.borrismiles.com/

Khyros said:
ashford_old_school said:
Khyros said:

Pallbearers can number four to eight... depends how many folks would take offense if left out. I thought a lust for bovine flesh was something we inherited from you folks? ;)
Yes, but then you ground up the parts of the cow that is usually disgarded, added other animals, fried it, added a bun made of sugar and a dollop of mayo (and some salad to make you feel better), served it with chips and a sugary drink, supersized it and lived off it every day since childhood. :twisted:

Trip_Wire said:
Khyros said:
IMHO, the shooting seems to be a justified one. The suspect bought a knife to a 'gunfight.' :lol:

Anyone that pulls a knife on me, with the intent to use it, will be shot until the threat is eliminated. :x

To me a knife of any size is a dangerous weapon, that can kill you just as dead as any firearm, especially in the hands of someone that knows how to use one. (Note I carry a tactical folder as a backup.)

As for that Law Makers support of anti-firearms laws, etc. I think that is very common for politicians, that support such laws as well as a lot of celebrities, especially in Hollywood who either carry a concealed weapon or have 'bodyguards' that do. Rosie MacDonald comes to mind. :roll:
I don't know why trip, but I have visions of you doing a hollywood foward roll around every corner just in case, with shoulder holster in full view and knife strapped to your boot. :D