Ironing in Phase 1

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by ben1985, Jan 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I start my Phase 1 At Lichfield a week tomorrow :oops: , no butterflys yet but soon i guess :p

I've just got myself an iron as is on the list, i've tried to do a few shirts and my mum isn't too impressed, bearing in mind this is the first time I have ironed in my life!

Is there lots of ironing in phase 1? or will i get taught what to iron and how to do it perfectly?

Lastly anybody else starting at Lichfield on the 14th Jan?
  2. im already at that lovely atr mate.

to answer you questions, you will do enough ironing to clothe china, and you will get taught yes. but as you'll find out, its all about practice.
    after a few very late/early nights you'll start to get the hang.
    dont worry about it, almost nobody is any good at any dhobi when they arrive. when its your sleep your giving up you'll learn quick.

and of course, dont forget the infamous bed blocks and bed sheets. they will be the bane of your life. first time it took us like 40 mins to do a room. before long you'll be doing them in 2 or 3 minutes.
  3. Don't worry, mate, you'll be taught the correct way to iron. Just remember that you are going there for them to train you. Keep a 'can-do' attitude and you won't go far wrong.
  4. christtheclimber any more lovley tips about atr lichfield?

how are you finding it?

PT killing you? :p

You good at drill?

and generally finding it ok to pick up, nothing too hard?

5. what about bumpering???
    you need to learn to bumper!!!
    Good luck in basic mate
  6. Woah, some husband you'll make if you can't iron..
  7. iron its great just remember socks have no creases and always remove the upper button on shirts looks better.
  8. christheclimber what troop are you in?? i was in sever bell about 6 months ago, and with regards to ironing, practice practice practice!