Ironing boards at minley

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by littlenickoutthere, Nov 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do they have enough boards there per room or is it worth me going out to get one before rocking up to my B3?
  2. Go out and buy one.
  3. I though B3 was that easy nowadays you don't have to iron your kit as the full screws do it for you!
  4. It's true. Its all very carebear these days. And if any of those nasty men with stripes on the chest are mean to you then you can write it all down on a piece of paper and post it in the 'means in green' box...
  5. You dont need ironing boards there any more, RSME employ Afgahn asylum seekers to launder and press all trainees kit. It costs 75 pence and is situated in the old barbers (military hair-styles are now optional there)
  6. Blimey, in my day we didn't use ironing boards, we used to put a blanket on the room table......jesus! D oh! I've just relised you don't have blankets anymore...duvets are the order of the day. wouldn't fancy trying to iron my nice new crisp cbt 95 throw an issue quilt. Best get out and purchase a nice new shiney board, make sure it's got flowers on the cover, that way the rest of your intake wont take the p*ss much!!!!!
  7. I take it you were in "When centurion was a rank not a tank" and "POL was a hay bale". :D :D :D :D :twisted:
  8. Congratulations Little Nick - you have posted what is almost certainly the worst thread ever to grace the Sapper board. Go and take your head for a shit (and then buy an ironing board).
  9. Im going on a CLM course next month, will there be enough pencils to go around, or do you guys think I should go and buy one?
  10. Redarrse! We used to lay our kit out under our palliasse and press it against the wooden boards of our bunk. Blankets and sheets were permanently part of the bed box which had been lovingly and painstakingly crafted over many RoPs so we had no blankets either, but we were happy you see.
  11. Best stick to the old crayons mate, you just have to keep the colours within the lines to pass. :wink:

12. I wouldnt take an Ironing Board or for that matter an Iron. When you arrive and book in at the Guardroom Just say "Oi Fella, I'm here for my B3. You had best take my bags to my room". Dont worry about anything, its first name terms with everyone. But people prefer to be called 'Fella'.

Hope that helps.
  13. there speaks the voice of experience.