iron

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by ally_tol3, Oct 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. aNY RECCOMENDATIONS ON A GOOD STEAM IRON FOR BASIC TRAINING?

2. Jesus. They just keep coming.

3. If you write to the Iron Manufacturers Federation I'm sure they'll tell you which company make irons specifically for ironing clothes in training establishments. FFS go out and get a feckin iron.

4. Yes, one that irons straight creases and not tram lines!

Oops! Sorry Arby (if you read this thread)

T_M

5. Make sure you get a waterproof one for use on your underwater knife-fighting module.

[​IMG]

........and perhaps a cordless one for use in the field.

[​IMG]

6. alrite boys calm down... just asking! sorry!

ill just go out and buy one then!!!!!!! lol

7. haha I think you need to purchase a new iron "user" to achieve that:p

8. Steam irons can be had for about £5 upwards nowadays, so at that price its hardly a major purchase, even if it only lasts for basic training.

9. Iron's are Iron's.. some people choose to use expensive ones, i used the cheapest one i found in argos for something like a 5ver. Worked a treat, still got it now.

10. lol go on youtube and see the ironing equipment related fun you can have :)

11. It worries me that men know so much about irons,We had 2 issue ones between 24 of us in JLR and they worked alright

12. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

You'll get used to it:

[​IMG]

13. I remember my first ironing attempt! Iron board collapsed, iron got inbedded in shirt sleeve. Massive panic attack followed by smoke and terrible smell, followed by entanglement in cord, followed by iron burn to chin and left ear! :x Fcuk the ironing after that, got mum to do it again when on leave and the room "Jeaves" for important parades! :D