Iron Sky..... sci-fi comedy about Nazis on the Moon...coming soon

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by maccabonga, Jun 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Story of Iron Sky
    Towards the end of World War II the Nazi scientists made a significant breakthrough in anti-gravity. From a secret base built in the Antarctic, the first Nazi spaceships were launched in late ‘45 to found the military base Schwarze Sonne (Black Sun) on the dark side of the Moon. This base was to build a powerful invasion fleet and return to take over the Earth once the time was right.

Now it’s 2018, and it’s the time for the first American Moon landing since the 70′s. Meanwhile the Nazi invasion, that has been over 70 years in the making, is on its way, and the world is goose-stepping towards its doom. The three main characters of the story are Renate Richter (Julia Dietze), Klaus Adler (Götz Otto), and James Washington (Christopher Kirby).

About the Film
    Iron Sky is a science fiction comedy being produced by Blind Spot Pictures and Energia Productions in Finland, and co-produced by 27 Films in Germany and New Holland Pictures in Australia. Iron Sky has been filmed, the principal photography took place in Germany in November-December 2010 and in Australia in January-February 2011. We are currently going through the post-production that takes the better part of the year.

Iron Sky: Watch the New Teaser!

Attached Files:

2. It's been done before....:)
  3. I've been waiting for this for a while. Moon Nazi's = Ally.
  4. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

You would have thought that if the Nazi's had spaceships and anti gravity, they might just have had enough technology to win the war without the need for a base on the moon. But hey, don't let the facts stand in the way of a good story.

Damn, all those American and Russian satellites that mapped the moon must have been crap - a super duper top secret Nazi base must have really been chucking out electromagnetic radiation - which the satellites missed.

The original settlers must be a little long in the tooth by now. I presume the primary weapon was the King Tiger Zimmer Frame?

And the moon being rather devoid of plants and animals - wonder what they fed on for the ensuing seventy odd years? Or are they Zombies as well. Attack of the Killer Zombie Nazi Pensioners - now that's a film I'd like to see.

With comedy concentration camps?

5.'s sci-fi and a comedy, it takes the piss out of Nazis and those that believe in the flying saucer conspiracy. As for concentration camps, no they are not funny but we (British) invented them! Every empire has/had a dark side!! Look at the poor Jocks!!
  6. Not until my breakfast has gone down properly.
  7. It's all true, I should know, I've been living amongst a shower of Nazi space cadets for years. Hitler is still alive, he now looks like this:

For me, I can't wait for them to land and try clicking their space jackboot heels together, after a lifetime of 1/6thG it will all go horribly wrong.
  8. Must say not my sort of thing but it looks great to me. Lot of thought and effort put into production. Hope the humor travels as Fins and Germans are not renowned for it over here.
    Julia Dietze looks fab I'll watch it for her in nazi kit. Talking of which thought images of the swastica was banned sausage side.
  9. It's OK as long as your papers are in order.
  10. Wrong, the British Didn't invent them for the Boer war 1899-1902.
    List of concentration and internment camps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Used by the US to enforce the Treaty of New Echota 1838
    Spanish-American War: Causes of the War — Spanish use them in 1896
    Philippine Used by the Americans in the Philippine American war too 1902
    • Like Like x 1
  11. And in Vietnam they were called 'Strategic Hamlets.'
  12. We invented those in Malaya, and there was a vast difference as the Strategic Hamlet was not used in conjunction with a Scorched Earth Policy that necesitated Camps to feed the people whose land had been destroyed. The problem is that the word Concentration Camp and Death Camp have been amalgamated into the same thing. None of either the British, American or Spanish camps were a deliberate attempt at genocide. Indeed some of them - the Reductions in Paraguay for example - were set up for education and protection from Slavers. People died of neglect or disease in these camps, but non were deliberately murdered.
  13. Indeed - the Germans gave concentration camps a bad name. If administered properly, they are more humane than leaving civilians in the middle of a war zone, and more effective than leaving the population in place to aid combatants.
  14. In England we now call them sink estates, Scots call them the scheme, Irish call them excecutive housing and the Welsh calll them clangroeuc fjhdhndnsns nsnz jsd vjdf dfjdjd go go goch.
    • Like Like x 1