Iron Maiden - The Trooper. Crimean War uniforms.

FOR_BRITIAN!!!.jpg

Now I know the 666 Titles are an in joke but does the rest of the uniform reflect any British Cavalry of the Crimean period? Looks like infantry to me notwithstanding the song title and subject.

Done to death over the years. The red uniform was simply used by Derek Riggs (Iron Maiden cover artist) because more people would recognise it. He also doesn't know a great deal about mil history. How many teenage metalheads in 1983 would have known the difference?

Edit to add: the mural below is near my house. I remember the correctness, or otherwise, of the uniform being discussed at the time it was painted,

30.6.jpg

Last edited:
Thats about the most ally photo ever....

I am sure it has already appeared on the " Ally " thread ... and I believe the subject identified ... he easily has the attributes to qualify .

ACAB

LE
From Total War Centre

"Colour-Sergeant MacGregor, Scots Fusiliers Guards (Now Scots Guards). The four bars on his Crimean War Medal indicates he was present at no less than four of the main engagements - Alma, Balaclava, Sebastopol and Inkerman."

From Total War Centre

"Colour-Sergeant MacGregor, Scots Fusiliers Guards (Now Scots Guards). The four bars on his Crimean War Medal indicates he was present at no less than four of the main engagements - Alma, Balaclava, Sebastopol and Inkerman."

[Anorak Dress State 4] He also appears to be sporting a Turkish or Sardinian issued Crimea Medal [/Anorak Dress State 4]

Latest Threads