Iron Dome in the silly season

That does not say six children were killed by a Hamas rocket falling short, as was claimed earlier.

What it says is that multiple sources, including Palestinian security sources, told them the 6 deaths in the first house (including 2 children) were the result of a rocket that fell short.

It also says that the other incident, which happened about 10 minutes later, where there were 8 deaths (including 6 children) in a field was less clear. That there were rockets being fired over that area and there also Israeli aircraft and drones in the area. But it also includes the same timing as the first Palestinian report, nearly 3 hours before the IAF were authorised to conduct retaliatory air strikes.

We have videos in this thread of other Hamas and Islamic Jihad rockets and missiles falling short and landing inside Gaza so we know for a fact that was something that was happening.

Do you really think that still makes it likely that the IDF did it rather than a Hamas or Islamic Jihad rocket that fell short?

I am not sure if it helps, but most of the PIJ stuff I saw was them firing Kornet anti-tank systems. HAMAS were chucking most of the surface to surface stuff.

I'm not too sure PIJ has a rocket arsenal, though hamas undoubtedly has - an awful lot are simply piled up on earth bearms and fired off. Which is probably why when people complained of farmers fields being attacked by the IDF it would have been because the place was used as a launch site.

I may have mentioned earlier, the UN reported on missiles falling short within Gaza as did the IDF in their reports of missiles fire at Israel, being intercepted and striking targets.

You seem to be more interested in the lack of evidence it wasn't Israel than the lack of evidence it wasn't Hamas.

Some might consider that bias.

Israel does, at least some of the time, admit to its mistakes.

Can you show firm evidence it was an Israeli strike that killed the kids? If the answer is no, why are you so keen to accept it was them, rather than looking at it objectively?
That's the educated idiot problem .

I am not sure if it helps, but most of the PIJ stuff I saw was them firing Kornet anti-tank systems. HAMAS were chucking most of the surface to surface stuff.

I'm not too sure PIJ has a rocket arsenal, though hamas undoubtedly has - an awful lot are simply piled up on earth bearms and fired off. Which is probably why when people complained of farmers fields being attacked by the IDF it would have been because the place was used as a launch site.

I may have mentioned earlier, the UN reported on missiles falling short within Gaza as did the IDF in their reports of missiles fire at Israel, being intercepted and striking targets.

As far as I know they were firing rockets too. They certainly claimed to be firing rockets, including long range ones, on several occasions.

If you can't actually read what was said, and think that an Israeli Int Op might not be totally unbiased, fair enough.

I never said it was unbiased.

Pretending they're mistranslated is a new one.

Nope, didn't pretend that, but pointed out you don't have a direct quote.

Its not me that's lacking objectivity. You've made your mind up, despite it repeatedly being pointed out to you that the spook did not state it was a Hamas rocket, and did not deny it was IDF action

Wrong again (that's three for three, I know your maths is shit too). I haven't claimed it was Hamas, I have just pointed out your claim that is was the Israeli's is faulty.

You have shown time and time again you have zero critical thinking ability. You really do astound me.

The guy quoted is acknowledged as being a member of their Intelligence service. So yes, probably Jewish.

Also, could be Druze or Israeli Bedouin...

I never said it was unbiased.

Nope, didn't pretend that, but pointed out you don't have a direct quote.

Wrong again (that's three for three, I know your maths is shit too). I haven't claimed it was Hamas, I have just pointed out your claim that is was the Israeli's is faulty.

You have shown time and time again you have zero critical thinking ability. You really do astound me.
So many words, so few right.

An unrelated factoid about falling shot. During the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour on 7 Dec 41, 68 civilians in and around Honolulu were killed by falling AA fire. Understandably, US forces fired anything the could against the Sons of Nippon, including main batteries on capital ships.

An unrelated factoid about falling shot. During the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour on 7 Dec 41, 68 civilians in and around Honolulu were killed by falling AA fire. Understandably, US forces fired anything the could against the Sons of Nippon, including main batteries on capital ships.

I remember reading somewhere the FBI Agents went on the roofs with Thompson SMGs, fair play.

I might head into Marble Arch again to do some car-spotting; those Bentley and Roller drivers are really sharing the privations of the Palestinians...

From the last little club rally in May (c) @Filthy_contract . The driver hurled abuse at me and shortly after I took this photo, another photographer got 'roughed up' by some 'Palestine Solidarity' young men dressed in black tracksuits. There were quite a few of them acting as site security during the rally in Hyde Park.

Why did he hurl abuse? Like the 'Palestinian Solidarity' thugs, he assumed I was a 'Fed', armed as I was with a threatening looking, 40 year old film camera.

MAM002-ed.jpg

20210523_065842.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone loves a rally.

So Hamas have AFVs? What type of 'tank' (nervously using that word on Arrse) is it?

I am tempted to call it a 'target'.
It's a truck load of sheet steel welded together onto a 4x4 chassis (I'd wager a Toyota) to vaguely resemble an Israeli Merkava.