Iron Dome in the silly season

Excuse my ignorance on this area. Are HAMAS only able to attack from Gaza? Anything from the West Bank?

Excuse my ignorance on this area. Are HAMAS only able to attack from Gaza? Anything from the West Bank?
I'm surprised Hezbollah haven't joined in from Lebanon, especially with Israel hammering them in Syria.

15:20 Izz A Din El Kassam claims it launched 15 rockets at Dimona
I'd say that location is probably in the top tier of air defence coverage in the world.

The initial cause? The hatred of Jews, the will to "drive the Jews into the sea"? The attack on Israel on 15 May 1948?

Yes, the Israelis already gave their enemies a bloody nose then and on every other occasion since and that is the only thing they can do.
To quote Golda Meir "The terror ends when the Palestinians love their children more than they hate the Jews."

She was right and until that happens any measure that ensures Israel's survival is justified.
Thank you for valuable lecture. Though nothing new for me.
I asked namely about recent round of violence, Not about causes of the ME conflict (how they look from Israeli side).

I'm surprised Hezbollah haven't joined in from Lebanon, especially with Israel hammering them in Syria.
There is an informal ceasefire between Israel and Hezbollah in Lebanon. It's interesting that IAF use to bomb Hezbollah targets in Syria but not in Lebanon.

Fr SpodoKomodo

Old-Salt
1620823095389.png

As I understand the Palestinians a bit over-reacted to lawful decisions of Israeli court. However our friend @loofkar disagrees.

It is the result of a combination of factors, among which:
  • Palestinian activists have turned it into a tradition during Ramadan to commit terrorist attacks on Israelis.
  • The conflict over ownership/tenancy in Sheikh Jarrah is occurring on the background of the clash between Palestinian and Jewish nationalist activism. Unfortunately for those of us who would just prefer peace and quiet, the law is quite clear in regard to who owns the place, where the tenants that refuse to pay rent, live.
  • Due to the pathetic current Israeli leadership - PM, H/S Minister and police chiefs - policing of Jerusalem at the sensitive time of Ramadan has been inept and clumsy.
  • Hamas thought to exploit all this because of the coming Palestinian election, but the Hamas leadership, being mere dyed-in-the-wool Islamist terrorists, has obviously vastly misjudged the situation - and anyway, it sees the Gaza population suffering as a desirable asset rather than something to be prevented.

Last edited:
No, it's Israeli turf. An Israeli court has determined that the property concerned is Jewish property from the time before independence in 1948.
Hmm... Nice and neutral, then..

15:20 Izz A Din El Kassam claims it launched 15 rockets at Dimona

Was just about to mention this.
IF they managed to hit the Power Station, what sort of damage would it cause. Chernobyl level? Find it a strange choice of target, as if they do hit and it causes huge casualties, wouldn't whats left of Israel just flatten Palastine?

Was just about to mention this.
IF they managed to hit the Power Station, what sort of damage would it cause. Chernobyl level? Find it a strange choice of target, as if they do hit and it causes huge casualties, wouldn't whats left of Israel just flatten Palastine?

Dimona is also the name of the fairly nearby town.

Seen a brand new Audi A6, suddenly turned into a convertible earlier by the Israeli Air Force.. A bit obvious who they were like.

Latest Threads