Iron Curtain Trail

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Kromeriz, May 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. Yes! I'll do the Moravian leg!
  2. Visa for Kaliningrad though?
  3. Said the man who coming over in

4. I have an idea, why don't you come over here? BTW, you definitely need a visa for Kaliningrad. The Russian Embassy in Prague will sort you out...
  5. The border with Poland and Kaliningrad seems to be fairly straighforward - certainly local Poles are allowed to cross without visas, I would suspect if you are on a bike with a valid passport you can just buy a visa at the border post, if you are driving there is always a big traffic jam.
  6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Who are you Hannibal Lecture?
  7. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Or even Lecter, but you get my drift.
  8. No, that's Mads Mikkelsen, isn't it?
  9. No, no Hannibal Lecture - it's about the destruction of Carthage by Scipio Africanus. Riveting - and there's chopped liver, bean salad and a nice drop of chianti afterwards
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I cycled this 4/5 years ago in two 10 day stages: Travemünde to the Harz Mountains the first year and the Harz to the Dreiländereck behind Hof the second. I however am a slooow cyclist - I met several cyclists who did the whole thing in one go. Mind you they were half my age!

I can thoroughly recommend this - it was a great experience. Incidentally I did also meet a guy who was walking it.

These are the bibles for this route:

Verlag Esterbauer