IRON CROSS

Hi I am not sure where to POST THIS :frustrated: :frustrated:
It's question time and could anyone HELP.
Is the Iron Cross Medal (which was instituted in 1813 ?? by King Freidrich Wilhelm the 3rd still awarded to German Citizens since 1945 :pirat:

they now days receive a rather nice red enamel cross with a black eagle on it ,,in various classes,,-called bundersverdeinst cross...
the iron cross if awarded before 1945 canstill be worn in the 1957 pattern,,,ie the swastica is removed...

PLANK said:
Is the Iron Cross Medal (which was instituted in 1813 ?? by King Freidrich Wilhelm the 3rd still awarded to German Citizens since 1945 :pirat:
VE VILL ASK DER QVESTIONS HERE SCHVINEHUNDT!!!!

PLANK said:
No, it's not. See Bundesverdienstkreuz :

Wikipedia entry

Thats a shame "Come with me I will show where the bundersvedeinst
crosses grow "dosen't have the same ring :mrgreen:

Am I alone in thinking that the demise of the Iron Cross is a bit sad? Sometimes I like to goose-step around wearing great uncle Herman's Iron Cross First Class with Oakleave Clusters.... :skull: Or I let my cat wear it:

A german newsagent would know the answer as long as you asked first "ver ar your papers"

Ich nehme an das nicht so viele Deutsche Soldaten werden dieses 'Bundeswehrverdienstkruez' im Afgahnistan verdienen - oder ?

Dickieb said:
Ich nehme an das nicht so viele Deutsche Soldaten werden dieses 'Bundeswehrverdienstkruez' im Afgahnistan verdienen - oder ?
Down the hall, first on your right, and don't forget to flush.

filthyphil said:
PLANK said:
VE VILL ASK DER QVESTIONS HERE SCHVINEHUNDT!!!![/quote]

:headbang: :party: :salut: :thumleft:

PLANK said:
As the above have stated the Bundesverdienstkreuz,is the normal award and can go upto `Grosskreuz`size similiar to`garter`type sizes;However should PUPGREEN´s sprog show signs of being a hero he would be awarded the Bundeswehr Ehrenkreuz in Gold/Silver/Bronze.The tank commander that shot a Serbian attacker in Yugoslavia got the Gold version IIRC!(more for good PR than bravery I think?)

Attachments

mmm they kind of look cheap and tacky dont they...they should just bring back the good old Iron cross in the 57 version!!

geo7863 said:
mmm they kind of look cheap and tacky dont they...they should just bring back the good old Iron cross in the 57 version!!
I thought the old Iron Cross looks more proffessional, traditional and Prussian !

Well I can wear the Iron cross butt naked with my shiny leather boots and a riding crop and yet still look impressive!!

I'd look a complete dork with the new bundesverbandskasten vereinigungsordenungsverdamtnochmalkreuz wouldnt I?