Irn Bru to halve sugar content

That's also going to halve my 5-a-day.

The recently announced 10-a-day is nothing more than a ploy by English farmers.

Speaking to a Geordie lad who does house clearances, he's noticed that most homes he empties in Scotland have lots of bags of sugar in the cupboards, something he doesn't see doing the same thing in the north of England.

They've got to increase sales. That means dumping the sugar to make way for heroin.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
It'll never end I tell you - started with wagon wheels, then curly wurleys and then Mars bars - it's the thin end of the wedge I tell thee!

I now have it on good account that the work-around for this is for BARR's to provide a small sachet of sugar with each can, a bit like the small blue bag of salt in some crisp packets.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
One of the best

That's also going to halve my 5-a-day.

The recently announced 10-a-day is nothing more than a ploy by English farmers.
The original 5 a day thing was a marketing slogan dreamt up by the Southern California Fruit and Vegetable Growing Society ( name prob not correct but the area certainly is).

There was zero scientific evidence to support it and 5 is just a plucked out of the air number.

Kirkz

LE
The fuckers will just drink twice as much to make up for it, but only because they haven't worked out how to deep fry it (yet).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bielefeldbratty Miscellaneous Jokes 0
Auld-Yin The NAAFI Bar 13
Auld-Yin The NAAFI Bar 3

Latest Threads