'Irish Travellers*' Board the Outrage Caravan

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by JoeCivvie, Aug 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 3
  1. The good councillor is spot-on with his comments.

He does however look like he's taken a frying-pan to the mush - like a downsey version of Blair.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hopefully someone somewhere will receive a big fat pay out for "hurt feelings" after he's made to apologise on national TV so that we can have the subsequent Daily Mail lead outrage thread.

• Like Like x 1
  3. While the police are there they might be able to investigate that load of lead piping at the campsite as well. Good thinking plod.

• Like Like x 1
  4. How does the Pikey spokesman know about Shameless? Has he got a TV licence?

Even if he has Shameless must be their equivalent of Downtown Abbey

• Like Like x 9
  5. Bet ya anything Mr Brindley and the entire staff of the "[FONT=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif]Irish Traveller Movement in Britain" group have never ever ever worked or lived next to a Pikey infestation.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif]I'm a nice chap normally, but after working security on a site next to one large blight for three years my views began to mirror Hitlers.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif]If the "Irish Travelers" behaved themselves then you'd find they were thought of as Scum. QED. As they don't, they are.

One wonders wow much land Mr Brindley owns, and if he has offered to house Travelers on that patch of land if he thinks they're so hard done by.
    [/FONT]

Oh and good on the Councillor for standing up to them, and saying
    "It is very dangerous to make the leap that comments which may not be politically correct are by definition hate-fuelled."

• Like Like x 2
  6. FHA

FHA LE

If I won the Euromillions, I swear I'll buy up land next to certain politicians, judges and actors etc. and stick pikies and wind turbines on it (though not together, they'd get stripped for scrap.) maybe even give the illusion of imminent fracking to get 1000 scumbags to come and trash it in the name of Mother Earth.
    Think it's bad about Asians grooming vulnerable teenagers? Trust me, they're not the only protected species doing it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Putting alleged racism to one side, the councillor is saying what he knows his electors want to hear:

"We all know what happens next: they start building walls and fences and we end up with a section of Stanford that looks like a cross between My Big Fat Gypsy Cesspit and Shameless," he said.

But the trouble with generalising like that is you condemn an entire section of the community. True dit 1: twice recently some travellers pitched up on the old Safeway site near us. They brought their own skip for gash and after they left you wouldn't have known they were there. Nothing in the papers!

True dit 2: Another skip tale when one was provided by the council at another traveller site. The local paper went ape after gash was dumped all over the shop once the skip was filled and the MP publicly blamed the travellers. But CCTV later revealed the rubbish was being deposited by residents arriving from town, not from the campsite. Not such a big story in the local rag!

Just a bit of balance for fair play. There's crooks, con men and chancers in their community and ours - probably more in ours. But our fathers and grandfathers fought to save Gypsies, Jews and other minorities from genocide which started after mainstream condemnation of entire groups and races became acceptable. We are part of that legacy.

I do not now, nor have I ever, hugged trees. :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. As ever (same thing with the 'Muslim Rape Gangs' so often referred to by the BNP and EDL), it is not that 'most' travellers are criminal that is the problem ( I very much doubt they are, though their way of life makes them somewhat objectionable many others), it is the general belief that the authorities take a lighter touch approach towards them, than they would to the mass of the population, in enforcing the law.

'Equality before the law' is an excellent moral.

• Like Like x 4
  9. I do not know what one of those is, but if it involves nude ladies then I will probably be happy to join in.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Very interesting . Now lets get back to generalizing .

• Like Like x 3
  11. FHA

FHA LE

Good point. My philosophy is that people will take the piss if they're allowed to. So if stupid white liberals empower certain groups to think they're above the law, then direct some of your rage at them. Unfortunately, far too many of them are in powerful positions that you and I don't get to elect them out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  12. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

I agree with Listy, this is a cracking quote: "It is very dangerous to make the leap that comments which may not be politically correct are by definition hate-fuelled."

About time someone said that out loud.

But then in among all this talk of hate crime, something really quite plain is being ignored: this is a democracy, so one should be entitled to one's views, however objectionable they may be to others. That's the whole bloody point of a democracy.

'Hate crime', to me is just a little, well, 1984...

• Like Like x 4
  13. Bu t since ACAB hung up his truncheon the OB apparently won't go near the Pikeys.

I am now, with malice aforethought, going to post a link to the Daily Mail. Those of a nervous disposition please look away:

Police won't hand stolen caravan back to couple to protect human rights of the travellers living in it | Mail Online

14. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Um, but it's been proven the caravan was stolen. The current 'owners' didn't question that it was only £300 - that being a little on the cheap side?

It should be a simple matter of confiscation and return. Why does the state have to re-house the people currently living in it? Are they 'out of work'?

The whole story is just ridiculous and shameful.