'Irish Travellers*' Board the Outrage Caravan

The good councillor is spot-on with his comments.

He does however look like he's taken a frying-pan to the mush - like a downsey version of Blair.

Hopefully someone somewhere will receive a big fat pay out for "hurt feelings" after he's made to apologise on national TV so that we can have the subsequent Daily Mail lead outrage thread.

How does the Pikey spokesman know about Shameless? Has he got a TV licence?
Bet ya anything Mr Brindley and the entire staff of the "[FONT=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif]Irish Traveller Movement in Britain" group have never ever ever worked or lived next to a Pikey infestation.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif]I'm a nice chap normally, but after working security on a site next to one large blight for three years my views began to mirror Hitlers.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif]If the "Irish Travelers" behaved themselves then you'd find they were thought of as Scum. QED. As they don't, they are.

One wonders wow much land Mr Brindley owns, and if he has offered to house Travelers on that patch of land if he thinks they're so hard done by.
[/FONT]

Oh and good on the Councillor for standing up to them, and saying
"It is very dangerous to make the leap that comments which may not be politically correct are by definition hate-fuelled."

If I won the Euromillions, I swear I'll buy up land next to certain politicians, judges and actors etc. and stick pikies and wind turbines on it (though not together, they'd get stripped for scrap.) maybe even give the illusion of imminent fracking to get 1000 scumbags to come and trash it in the name of Mother Earth.
Think it's bad about Asians grooming vulnerable teenagers? Trust me, they're not the only protected species doing it.

Putting alleged racism to one side, the councillor is saying what he knows his electors want to hear:

"We all know what happens next: they start building walls and fences and we end up with a section of Stanford that looks like a cross between My Big Fat Gypsy Cesspit and Shameless," he said.

But the trouble with generalising like that is you condemn an entire section of the community. True dit 1: twice recently some travellers pitched up on the old Safeway site near us. They brought their own skip for gash and after they left you wouldn't have known they were there. Nothing in the papers!

True dit 2: Another skip tale when one was provided by the council at another traveller site. The local paper went ape after gash was dumped all over the shop once the skip was filled and the MP publicly blamed the travellers. But CCTV later revealed the rubbish was being deposited by residents arriving from town, not from the campsite. Not such a big story in the local rag!

Just a bit of balance for fair play. There's crooks, con men and chancers in their community and ours - probably more in ours. But our fathers and grandfathers fought to save Gypsies, Jews and other minorities from genocide which started after mainstream condemnation of entire groups and races became acceptable. We are part of that legacy.

I do not now, nor have I ever, hugged trees. :)

As ever (same thing with the 'Muslim Rape Gangs' so often referred to by the BNP and EDL), it is not that 'most' travellers are criminal that is the problem ( I very much doubt they are, though their way of life makes them somewhat objectionable many others), it is the general belief that the authorities take a lighter touch approach towards them, than they would to the mass of the population, in enforcing the law.

'Equality before the law' is an excellent moral.

Putting alleged racism to one side, the councillor is saying what he knows his electors want to hear:

"We all know what happens next: they start building walls and fences and we end up with a section of Stanford that looks like a cross between My Big Fat Gypsy Cesspit and Shameless," he said.

But the trouble with generalising like that is you condemn an entire section of the community. True dit 1: twice recently some travellers pitched up on the old Safeway site near us. They brought their own skip for gash and after they left you wouldn't have known they were there. Nothing in the papers!

True dit 2: Another skip tale when one was provided by the council at another traveller site. The local paper went ape after gash was dumped all over the shop once the skip was filled and the MP publicly blamed the travellers. But CCTV later revealed the rubbish was being deposited by residents arriving from town, not from the campsite. Not such a big story in the local rag!

Just a bit of balance for fair play. There's crooks, con men and chancers in their community and ours - probably more in ours. But our fathers and grandfathers fought to save Gypsies, Jews and other minorities from genocide which started after mainstream condemnation of entire groups and races became acceptable. We are part of that legacy.
I do not now, nor have I ever, hugged trees. :)
Very interesting . Now lets get back to generalizing .

As ever (same thing with the 'Muslim Rape Gangs' so often referred to by the BNP and EDL), it is not that 'most' travellers are criminal that is the problem ( I very much doubt they are, though their way of life makes them somewhat objectionable many others), it is the general belief that the authorities take a lighter touch approach towards them, than they would to the mass of the population, in enforcing the law.

Good point. My philosophy is that people will take the piss if they're allowed to. So if stupid white liberals empower certain groups to think they're above the law, then direct some of your rage at them. Unfortunately, far too many of them are in powerful positions that you and I don't get to elect them out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Listy, this is a cracking quote: "It is very dangerous to make the leap that comments which may not be politically correct are by definition hate-fuelled."

About time someone said that out loud.

But then in among all this talk of hate crime, something really quite plain is being ignored: this is a democracy, so one should be entitled to one's views, however objectionable they may be to others. That's the whole bloody point of a democracy.

'Hate crime', to me is just a little, well, 1984...

Bu t since ACAB hung up his truncheon the OB apparently won't go near the Pikeys.

I am now, with malice aforethought, going to post a link to the Daily Mail. Those of a nervous disposition please look away:

Police won't hand stolen caravan back to couple to protect human rights of the travellers living in it | Mail Online

Bu t since ACAB hung up his truncheon the OB apparently won't go near the Pikeys.

I am now, with malice aforethought, going to post a link to the Daily Mail. Those of a nervous disposition please look away:

Police won't hand stolen caravan back to couple to protect human rights of the travellers living in it | Mail Online
Um, but it's been proven the caravan was stolen. The current 'owners' didn't question that it was only £300 - that being a little on the cheap side?

It should be a simple matter of confiscation and return. Why does the state have to re-house the people currently living in it? Are they 'out of work'?

The whole story is just ridiculous and shameful.

Ironic really as his teeth remind me of a snow covered badly tarmac'd drive

Is pikeyness considered a 'race'?

Sent via Crayola, using the red crayon
All of the following are under current law (or want to be treated as) a "distinct ethnic group" and some leverage off that to not far off being a protected species:

•‘Gypsies’ who may be of English, Welsh or Scottish descent, and who have Romany ancestry. ‘Gypsies’ have a specific meaning for the purposes of planning and local authority law, which is considered below.

•‘Irish Travellers’ who are a nomadic Irish ethnic group with a separate identity, culture, language and history. There are many Irish Travellers resident in Britain for all or part of the year.

•‘Scottish Travellers’ who like Irish Travellers have musical traditions, language and other histories that date back at least to the twelfth century.

•The Roma people who have moved to Britain from Central and Eastern Europe (of which Britain’s Romany Gypsies are members).

•People with a long family history of travelling because they work with fairgrounds and circuses (also known as ‘Travelling Show people’).

•So-called ‘New Travellers’. Some of whom may be second or third generation Travellers and/or may have Gypsy ancestry.

However every local serious infestation (as opposed to casual occupation for a week or three) around here involved purchase of land, occupation & putting down hardstanding without planning permission.

Each has resulted in large scale misery for others, heavyweight legal battles followed by huge clean up costs.

All were carried out by members or associates of the same extended family claiming to be "New Travellers". They were in fact a bunch of criminal opportunists based in Croydon trying to get change of use for farmland.

All of the following are under current law (or want to be treated as) a "distinct ethnic group" and some leverage off that to not far off being a protected species:

•‘Gypsies’ who may be of English, Welsh or Scottish descent, and who have Romany ancestry. ‘Gypsies’ have a specific meaning for the purposes of planning and local authority law, which is considered below.

•‘Irish Travellers’ who are a nomadic Irish ethnic group with a separate identity, culture, language and history. There are many Irish Travellers resident in Britain for all or part of the year.

•‘Scottish Travellers’ who like Irish Travellers have musical traditions, language and other histories that date back at least to the twelfth century.

•The Roma people who have moved to Britain from Central and Eastern Europe (of which Britain’s Romany Gypsies are members).

•People with a long family history of travelling because they work with fairgrounds and circuses (also known as ‘Travelling Show people’).

•So-called ‘New Travellers’. Some of whom may be second or third generation Travellers and/or may have Gypsy ancestry.

However every local serious infestation (as opposed to casual occupation for a week or three) around here involved purchase of land, occupation & putting down hardstanding without planning permission.

Each has resulted in large scale misery for others, heavyweight legal battles followed by huge clean up costs.

All were carried out by members or associates of the same extended family claiming to be "New Travellers". They were in fact a bunch of criminal opportunists based in Croydon trying to get change of use for farmland.

In all respect for PC-ness, I genuinely don't understand why "travellers" are able to claim rights or live a lifestyle that harks back a couple of hundred years, whilst the rest of society has been compelled to obey raft after raft of news laws, restrictions and repressions? I mean - when Irish tinkers roamed the land in Victorian times, the majority of British subjects didn't have to pay income tax, didn't have pay local tax, didn't require permission to build on land that they owned, etc, etc. Now that times have radically changed for the majority of the population, why shouldn't it also do so for so-called ethnic or special groups?

In all respect for PC-ness, I genuinely don't understand why "travellers" are able to claim rights or live a lifestyle that harks back a couple of hundred years, whilst the rest of society has been compelled to obey raft after raft of news laws, restrictions and repressions? I mean - when Irish tinkers roamed the land in Victorian times, the majority of British subjects didn't have to pay income tax, didn't have pay local tax, didn't require permission to build on land that they owned, etc, etc. Now that times have radically changed for the majority of the population, why shouldn't it also do so for so-called ethnic or special groups?
There needs to be a 'double like' button on here. You're right - 'ethnicity' shouldn't be a reason or opportunity to avoid the laws and regulations that the rest of us have to. Equal before the law should be met with equal behaviour before the law.

Their are Gippo's and Gippo's I will come clean and say I know a few. One of them I know has a brain the size of a planet and in another dimension would probably be running the country. True "most" thieve, rob, plunder and generally pinch things as well and leave places looking like the day after the bomb dropped but others are OK. The lad I know owns land and lots of it. True he uses it for sites but mostly they are very well kept. The plague that spreads across the land every now and then are usually Gippo scum rather like our benefit scum.
I once asked him what I should do if pikeys camped on my land. He said pay some other Gypsies to get rid of them. Ah the old Irish solutions are the best!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Goatman US 0