Irish Journalist Kevin Myers wears Royal Irish Fusiliers Tie for Queen.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It's a fuckin tie you pathetic cretin, Jeez. FFS it's not like he's claiming service.

I have a Gordon's Tie and I never served with the Regiment (Grandfather did though). Myers, though his articles run to the hyperbolic at times, has always been supportive of the Irish Regiments and has consistenly sought recognition for the activities of Irish Soldiers who fought in WW2 and elsewhere he could wear a Cannaught Rangers Basque for all it fuckin matters.

It's a fuckin tie you pathetic cretin, Jeez. FFS it's not like he's claiming service.

I have a Gordon's Tie and I never served with the Regiment (Grandfather did though). Myers, though his articles run to the hyperbolic at times, has always been supportive of the Irish Regiments and has consistenly sought recognition for the activities of Irish Soldiers who fought in WW2 and elsewhere he could wear a Cannaught Rangers Basque for all it fuckin matters.
possibly a gift from someone within the regiment for his support then?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yeah, Regimental ties are often given as gifts to well just about anybody I suppose.

I'm off to see if I can get myself a set of Sapper Cammy Knickers and Sussies.

From an Irish Journalist I would see that as a friendly gesture during a very important and successful State Visit.

Either that or he genuinely didn't know, does it really matter?

A pal of mine once sent drinks over to an old chap and his party because said chap was wearing the regimental tie. He ack with a cheery wave and my pal wandered over later only to hear a story about a charity shop. We still calll him, 'Cheers Easy'.

From an Irish Journalist I would see that as a friendly gesture during a very important and successful State Visit.

Yep spot on .

the first time members of my family seen me wearing my regimental tie they suddenly thought I had gained some taste and a sense of fashion.

I thought that it was illegal to impersonate a Chelsea Pensioner- supposing the Queen thought he had served with the Irish Fusiliers-and then how do we know in the future who is a real soldier or not.

I was just wondering- thats all.

I bet HM thought he was a soldier-and there is no need to be so rude. It is just a question-or maybe you go around wearing a tie you have no right to so I have hit a sensitive point. We have seen plenty like you, if that is the case.

I bet HM thought he was a soldier-and there is no need to be so rude. It is just a question-or maybe you go around wearing a tie you have no right to so I have hit a sensitive point. We have seen plenty like you, if that is the case.
Just in case this isnt a wind up id like to say your a tit! Its a tie not a VC! Have you ever worn a football,rugby shirt? Would I be an Everton walt for wearing a club shirt? Do you grip off duty soldiers you deem incorrectly dressed? And the Irish fusiliers havent existed since 1968 Im going to see if my grandad still has his Manchester Regiment tie and wear it at any oppourtunity

I thought that it was illegal to impersonate a Chelsea Pensioner- supposing the Queen thought he had served with the Irish Fusiliers-and then how do we know in the future who is a real soldier or not.

I was just wondering- thats all.
(My Bold)

I afraid I didn't see the Chelsea Pensioners bit you allude to but I am sure HM The Queen is a fucking expert on Regimental Ties, especially those of defunct (albeit distinguished) Irish Regiments.

She probably didn't kick off because she didn't want to spoil dinner.

No it isn't you petty twat.
So, what is the whole point of the tie then-or stable belts-any Tom,Dick or Kevin can parade in front of the Queen- you are just ridiculous.

What about all the other people there with ties and medals- are they imposters too. i would like to knowbecause if they are, then the Queen wasted a day out.

I can understand our future King wearing the uniform of the Irish Guards for his wedding but for Kevin Myers to try and mislead her Majesty is just not on.
I hope real members of the Regiment note this- perhaps we can have your views on here-

Erin Go Bra.